Sign in to follow this  
Guest gauramohana

new airport

Guest gauramohana

Im currently customizing my local airport in flight1 AFX (ICAO: vidp) as the stock one in fsx is lacking a runway, and terminal.it turns out runway 11/29 is 14,000 feet long, has CAT3B on both sides (and ils)AND it is there in my fmc (on the Dep/Arr page ILS11, and ILS29 both exist)i have alligned the runway properly using a image from google earth, and it seems ok.but now when i try to land, with the FMC programmed for ILS11, Im on final APp, Im on the dotted line, correct heading, BUT the FMC says NAV invalid when i click App.i think it might be because i did not set the right frequency for the runway when i created it in AFX (i set 110.00). BUT what frequency do i set? most of the info about online about the airport is old (2005 - before the runway opened) so i dont know what freq to set.any help?PS- i have navigraph - AIRAC Cycle : 0912 (19/NOV/2009 - 16/DEC/2009)

Im currently customizing my local airport in flight1 AFX (ICAO: vidp) as the stock one in fsx is lacking a runway, and terminal.it turns out runway 11/29 is 14,000 feet long, has CAT3B on both sides (and ils)AND it is there in my fmc (on the Dep/Arr page ILS11, and ILS29 both exist)i have alligned the runway properly using a image from google earth, and it seems ok.but now when i try to land, with the FMC programmed for ILS11, Im on final APp, Im on the dotted line, correct heading, BUT the FMC says NAV invalid when i click App.i think it might be because i did not set the right frequency for the runway when i created it in AFX (i set 110.00). BUT what frequency do i set? most of the info about online about the airport is old (2005 - before the runway opened) so i dont know what freq to set.any help?PS- i have navigraph - AIRAC Cycle : 0912 (19/NOV/2009 - 16/DEC/2009)
What I understand you should open file "wpNacAPT.txt" with Notepad in folder "FMCWP" and for FSX in folder "NavData" of your FS installation directory.Also open file "airports.dat" in the same directory with Notepad.There you

Guest gauramohana

thanks, but in wpNacAPTtxt (pmdg/Navdata directory) doesnt seem to have VIDP anywhere.and in airports.dat - VIDP 28.568728 77.112136i dont see the ILS frequency.

I have never done it before but I have a basic understanding. In that file, add the frequency. This is what the PMDG FMC reads. When you edit FSX scenery with a airport design editor or AFX it won't edit it for the PMDG too. So you must add that too.Taylor Oldham

This might help: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/NAVDATA_Data_DictionaryAn airport needs an entry in the airport.dat, runways with ILS info in the wpNavAPT.txt file and if you want procedures you need a sidstar file. At least two, maybe three files need to be modified or created to add an airport. Of course, you need to do this each time you update navdata.

Dan Downs KCRP