Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: The View Forward

Looks incredible Robert, can't wait for all those planes you guys got lined up. I'm gonna buy em all.Now, I noticed Ryan brought up the VRS F/A 18. I think that aircraft is gonna be the most advanced and complex combat simulator aircraft ever designed for FSX. To the people who don't know about it, here's a link to their site. You really should check it out. The FSX version will be released in march 2010.http://www.vrsimulations.com/index.htmTo the people who wanna see cool 737 HUD pics and discuss the NGX, here's a link to my NGX HUD thread.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=269925&st=0

Sorry, this is going to be a stupid question... :( IF there is an SDK, does that mean we may be able to use our own home-built hardware with this software? You see... I told you it was a stupid question!!CheersRhydian Yeomanwww.cessnaglasscockpit.blogspot.com

Great preview Robert, I'm sure you still have some suprise for us hidden in your sleeve.Just a question, can i invest for some PMDG stocks ?Benjamin

Sorry, this is going to be a stupid question... :( IF there is an SDK, does that mean we may be able to use our own home-built hardware with this software? You see... I told you it was a stupid question!!CheersYeomanwww.cessnaglasscockpit.blogspot.com
Hi Rhydian, What it means is, that there will be a way to interface hardware better to the software. PMDG is a closed system, and in the past at one point there was a way to make some work with a driver for Engravity and GoFlight, but not in the form of a full SDK (software development kit). As Robert mentioned it's more flexible, it will allow companies to better interface their hardware to the PMDG systems, such as get values for our LED's on our homebuilt (or bought) MCP, and interface our FMC's with those of the PMDG's etc... And those are just a couple possibilities. It's the best news I've heard in a long time, and in short "Yes" to your question, but it would still need to be developed for the hardware. But the hardware makers would have the tools they need to make it happen.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

WOW PMDG you made my day!I don't even know why I am bothering to look in other developers forums - just to see for exapmle a heated discussion why someones new product does not have a Virtual Cockpit :(

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

You know, being 17 without a job and not having money to pay for many addons, PMDG just made FSX fun again. I have gotten pretty bored recently in FSX but it could be that I spend way to much time flying. This will rekindle the fire for me for sure!!! I can't wait! All these pictures are making the wait fun and a fast one.Taylor Oldham

Wow that is some serious stuff!Bring it on! :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Do 737 HUDs have different format modes? On most pictures I've seen they have speed and altitude tapes on the side and an HSI on the bottom. -Alex

Thanks for the heads up Robert :(

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hmmm, speaking and thinking of gadget tinkering and SDK,,, does anyone know where I can buy an actual HUD? Complete with swing arm of course :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

All I can say is WOW! That looks really good!Shared cockpit? Does that mean we can have an FO tell us to go around if we deviate to much when handflying in CATIIIA?

Joe Sherrill

Hi Rhydian, What it means is, that there will be a way to interface hardware better to the software. PMDG is a closed system, and in the past at one point there was a way to make some work with a driver for Engravity and GoFlight, but not in the form of a full SDK (software development kit). As Robert mentioned it's more flexible, it will allow companies to better interface their hardware to the PMDG systems, such as get values for our LED's on our homebuilt (or bought) MCP, and interface our FMC's with those of the PMDG's etc... And those are just a couple possibilities. It's the best news I've heard in a long time, and in short "Yes" to your question, but it would still need to be developed for the hardware. But the hardware makers would have the tools they need to make it happen.
Thanks for the clarification Dan. Personally I think being able to intergrate PMDG's wonderful software into your own homebuilt hardware would be great. Did I read somewhere that some flight training companies use PMDG software in their classrooms??? CheersRhydian Yeomanwww.cessnaglasscockpit.blogspot.comBy the way if you are looking for a HUD what about using Samsung's new transparent OLED screen.
Give it a couple of years and you could build it yourself - make sure you have deep pockets though!

Personally I think being able to intergrate PMDG's wonderful software into your own homebuilt hardware would be great.
I whole heartedly agree. Just look at
[/color] Mine wasn't this finished, but it could be,,, just need 3 jobs to help fund it.
Did I read somewhere that some flight training companies use PMDG software in their classrooms???
I hope they bought a commercial license if they are, hehe.
By the way if you are looking for a HUD what about using Samsung's new transparent OLED screen.
Give it a couple of years and you could build it yourself - make sure you have deep pockets though!
Oh yes,,, it will be mine :(

Dan Prunier

Do 737 HUDs have different format modes? On most pictures I've seen they have speed and altitude tapes on the side and an HSI on the bottom.
It could be automatically controlled by software depending on the phase of flight.

I whole heartedly agree. Just look at
Mine wasn't this finished, but it could be,,, just need 3 jobs to help fund it.
Blimey!!! Now that is impressive! My cessna 172 isn't that impressive either plus it cost me a whole heap of cash to make it, and the other week i stripped it to make a new one! But I still love simpit building!CheersRhydianOld cessna project: www.cessnasim.blogspot.comNew cessna project: www.cessnaglasscockpit.blogspot.com