Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: The View Forward

It's an ASUS board made for HP/Compaq. It looks like a motherboard upgrade is in order, in this case you might as well go with an Intel chip.

Will all the equipmet options go via the load manager or something else or a model. Cheers

Guest b737lvr

nvm i deleted the joke the pictures were too ugly. :(

Clearly not just because he didn't even sign his name and I can tell you an PMDG OP would never pm him but a PMDG Team member.

Guest b737lvr

lol it was a joke :(actually doing this time to time comparison of the other 737's out there is VERY healthy. so when vin makes a new pic we will drool.

The system in my signature cost less than $1500 to build and I get 30-40 FPS sustained in all but the heaviest scenery situations.
Could you please share some of your FSX settings with us? (e.g. especially the settings on the "Scenery" tab).I've just build myself a new system with the following hardware:1. Intel Core i7 980X.2. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 285.3. Asus P6T Deluxe V2.4. 6 GB Kingston DDR3 (1.066 Mhz.).5. Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate.I've just transferred from FS2004 to FSX, and I'm trying to find the right settings. I've just tried the new ImageSim Hong Kong scenery with the PMDG 744X, and my average FPS is around 12. So, I'm trying to increase it, but I don't know which setting wil give me the best FPS.These are my settings on the "Scenery" tab:Level of detail radius: Medium.Mesh complexity: 70.Mesh resolution: 10m.Texture resolution: 2m.Water effects: High 2.xScenery complexity: Extremely dense.Autogen density: DenseGround scenery shadows: disabled.Special effects detail: High.And on the "Graphics" tab.Target fram rate: unlimited.Anisotropic filtering.Anti-aliasing.Global texture resolution: Very high.Preview DirectX 10: disabled.Lens flare: enabled.Light bloom: enabled (I know this is a FPS-killer, but I like it so much).Advanced animations: enabled."Aircraft" and "Weather" tab: Global settings "Ultra high".Aviation traffic is set to 20%, and Land and sea traffic to 10%.Jon

Guest b737lvr

anti aliasing and light bloom are the biggest frame murderers in FSX. try disablign both of them. The anti-aliasing box in fsx is either you have no anti-aliasing or x16. thats what sucks about the option. try disablign both like i said and report back on your frames.NOTE: AA can be controlled on your video cards catalyst/control center.

Guest b737lvr

uh oh,its now gonna be A LOT harder to switch to FSX now that REX was released for x-plane. x-plane now looks completely better than FSX. but i wanna see some VC pics of the NGX :(

@KingCat Use these settings on the "Scenery" tab: Level of detail radius: Medium. Mesh complexity: 70. Mesh resolution: 10m. Texture resolution: 2m. Water effects: Mid 1.x Scenery complexity: Extremely dense. Autogen density: Dense Ground scenery shadows: disabled. Special effects detail: High. And on the "Graphics" tab. Target fram rate: unlimited. Anisotropic filtering. Anti-aliasing. Global texture resolution: Very high. Preview DirectX 10: enabled. Lens flare: disabled. Light bloom: disabled (I know this is a FPS-killer, but I like it so much). Advanced animations: enabled. "Aircraft" and "Weather" tab: Global settings "Ultra high". You shouldnt have any of the traffic on, maybe some cars or so, nothing else :) And no need for aviation traffic if your on vatsim or ivao ^^

Guest b737lvr

no keep DX10 off. most addons dont support it and you will get texture errors

Guest b737lvr

oh and FYI. this is not a support topic so i suggest you guys take the setting issue somewhere else K? ;)

Guest Jeffreymg

Kristian,Why bring Ariane into it, they do not need to be bashed in this thread. JeffG

Guest b737lvr

jeff i originally made a joke that showed a piece of the Ariane overhead saying its the new NGX 3-d model.