Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: The View Forward

I really enjoy immersive soundsets that pull me in to the simulation. Here's a real 737 cockpit at FL410, and I hope PMDG can get their sounds as close to this as possible.

Guest georgemacasoi

Can you post a picture of the VSD please? As a real B738 F/O, i would like to see this in actionG Macasoi

I really enjoy immersive soundsets that pull me in to the simulation. Here's a real 737 cockpit at FL410, and I hope PMDG can get their sounds as close to this as possible.
You're hearing nothing but wind noise there btw... We tried to make this realistic in the 747 and a lot of people complained about it in the original version.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You're hearing nothing but wind noise there btw... We tried to make this realistic in the 747 and a lot of people complained about it in the original version.
I don't envy you guys sometimes trying to balance these competing ideals. Like, with the J41 where the engines are very loud in real life and you have achieved that, but then people complain about it."There's no pleasing some people.""That's just what ******* said, sir." -Life of Brian

I'm sure Armen will do PMDG proud, as always....

Craig Sells

The guy grabbing the archie comic!!!! Classssic I love it!

Noah Bryant

I know what you're saying, I think people complain because they really don't know the difference between what a passenger hears, and what a pilot hears. For example, hypothetically speaking, if you were to poll folks with this video and ask if they wanted these sounds, they would say yes...,because they know they're voting for realism. Once people have proof that it's real, they'll accept it; otherwise, they'll insert their own interpretation of reality and complain. Well anyhow, if you must include a modified soundset to appease the masses, I'll just have to tweak until I'm satisfied. A better option yet, is if you could prepare a separate "real" soundset for people like me. Even in these economic times, I'd pay an extra $20 for it.

I know what you're saying, I think people complain because they really don't know the difference between what a passenger hears, and what a pilot hears. For example, hypothetically speaking, if you were to poll folks with this video and ask if they wanted these sounds, they would say yes...,because they know they're voting for realism. Once people have proof that it's real, they'll accept it; otherwise, they'll insert their own interpretation of reality and complain. Well anyhow, if you must include a modified soundset to appease the masses, I'll just have to tweak until I'm satisfied. A better option yet, is if you could prepare a separate "real" soundset for people like me. Even in these economic times, I'd pay an extra $20 for it.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam SavageBut why am I envisioning someone sitting in front of their computer blasting engine and wind sounds while wearing a $400 ANR headset?-- Steve Perry[edit to add name]

But why am I envisioning someone sitting in front of their computer blasting engine and wind sounds while wearing a $400 ANR headset?
LOL. I don't doubt that someone's tried it...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

If there is an option for eyebrow windows, then that wind noise will change, since it is one of the reasons (besides maintenance costs) why many airlines got rid of them. As Ryan says, there is a fair bit of wind noise in a 737, that's why it has those little turbulators under the windscreen, to try and reduce the noise a bit.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest Camar0guy

Anyone have any updates as far as when the 737 800/900 version for FSX is gonna be avilable???? Any info would be great :)Daryl

Guest yankeesji
Anyone have any updates as far as when the 737 800/900 version for FSX is gonna be avilable???? Any info would be great :)Daryl
Are you kidding? If so, very funny! LOL

I have it on good authority that it will definitely be released at some point prior to the end of the 21st CenturyAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here