Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: The View Forward

Guest b737lvr

these pics are orgasmic.....just saying

WOOW official Release DATE NOW the 14. June 2010!!
Where did You get the date from?

Guest boeingngx

does anyone know how close release is? no statement of pmdg developers?

Guest boeingngx
mid 2010
yes i know, but mid 2010 is next month, so next month release

Ok Captains, let's hope this little sliver satisfies... The main panel standby gauges.... and .. yes, before anyone asks, there will be options here for an ISFD.
:( :( :(

Pedro Lima
"The sky is the home of birds... we are just guests... guests of honor" Peter Besenyei
"...redundancy is very important in aviation; that is why airplanes have 2 wings instead of 1!" M.S.A.Q.
My videos

CS do a very good 767, and u can remove the cabin via the ACE utility with a click of a button, so stop complaining.Cs do a very good 757, so pmdg are not going to make one
I like the CS products, but they just aren't on the same level of quality as PMDG stuff. The PMDG FDE characteristics "feel" much closer to the real thing, and the CS products have no failures, no SDK, and they require too much config editing to function properly. Plus, the PMDG load managers and options menu blow away anything from CS. I will give CS credit for their weather radars, which are a nice feature, and their VC's are very good.

Oh, but I'll take the 747-400s for sure. Give me a reason why the cabins of PMDG's models are not too detailed. I mean, look, there's some soda cans in the simulated galley on the 747! What makes you think they are not focusing on other details other than the exterior and the VCs?Besides, on every single model PMDG makes for both FS2004 and FSX, they always include virtual cabins.
Because it's waste of polygons and eating FPS as hell..Also, why should they make such things? It wont make it a better product. :- )---Looking awesome PMDG! :- ) Hope for a release soon ^^

I would not mind not having a virtual cabin.However during the long hours sitting in the cockpit I would not mind having functionality of some of the real world cockpit features: - cockpit windows open/close (as in most but PMDG)- seats moving (PMDG industry standard :)- circuit breakers popping (as in Maddog)- manuals available in flight (as in the new Carenado Bonanza)- working weather fax (that would be great)- weather radar (well I know it can not be 100% real however there are developers being able to make it almost; I don't see a reason why PMDG whouldnt)But hey, no matter all this, I know that once the NGX is out I'll be the first to buy it! PMDG never stops to amaze me and they are always on the top...

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Guest 747-fan
I would not mind not having a virtual cabin.However during the long hours sitting in the cockpit I would not mind having functionality of some of the real world cockpit features: - cockpit windows open/close (as in most but PMDG)- seats moving (PMDG industry standard :)- circuit breakers popping (as in Maddog)- manuals available in flight (as in the new Carenado Bonanza)- working weather fax (that would be great)- weather radar (well I know it can not be 100% real however there are developers being able to make it almost; I don't see a reason why PMDG whouldnt)But hey, no matter all this, I know that once the NGX is out I'll be the first to buy it! PMDG never stops to amaze me and they are always on the top...
I respectfully disagree with most here:* Moving windows and seats are unnecessary polygons I think, for all phases of flight.* Circuit breakers popping is so extremely rare that they're unnecessary too, unless for some emergencies. * Good idea with the manuals, I love the J41 style load sheets* Weather fax is unnecessary as I think a lot of simmers use weather addons or online weather info services. Try using your real life printer if this is important to you.* Weather radar would be fantastic! I hope PMDG knows of the user mod for their FS9 NG that integrates the RXP WX500 as a layer onto the Navigation Display. Perhaps it could be adapted sort of like what PMDG did with the J41, only on top of the existing ND instead of on a separate display.

* Moving windows and seats are unnecessary polygons I think, for all phases of flight.
I'm sorry, but just because someone said 'polygons' above, does everybody need to jump on the bandwagon now and claim 'so and so is a waste of polygons?' The seats and windows are already modelled. It's the models that are made with polygons. Applying an animation to a 3d model does not create polygons, and a moving seat or window is just an animation applied to a 3d object that's already there. The only thing with animations like this is if they add LOADS of extra CLICK SPOTS then it can give a performance hit.

Well, all those were just suggestions of what can make your time in the cockpit more fun. There is nothing better after tough landing in Madeira to open the cockpit window and feel the fresh evening breeze on your eyebrows :) this of course said jokingly, however....- it makes me feel more real, when I open and hear the APU whistle outside- the circuit breakers add notch to the realism. Whether they are or are not simulation oriented: well aks the owners of the Maddog MD-82- ask the same group of people how do they feel about their boxy cockpit seats...- I don't want to print anything on my printer (save the forest). What I suggested is the "fax" to open a sheet of paper with the current Metar data (some addons open load sheets in the same matter). It is not impossible, however labor intensive to be created. Last but not least. I would not mind to pay more (hardware and software wise) but to be finally "happy" with my FSX

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I'm sorry, but just because someone said 'polygons' above, does everybody need to jump on the bandwagon now and claim 'so and so is a waste of polygons?' The seats and windows are already modelled. It's the models that are made with polygons. Applying an animation to a 3d model does not create polygons, and a moving seat or window is just an animation applied to a 3d object that's already there. The only thing with animations like this is if they add LOADS of extra CLICK SPOTS then it can give a performance hit.
True that, but a Virtual cabin would take #### of polygons. :- )But I agree that it would be cool with ability to open the window and use the sunscreens :)

i think PMDG should do their work, using as much polygons as they want to use.AND YES if you could open windows, or use sunshields .....holy #### that would make the 737 so awesome... *love*and would it be possible that PMDG adds sound like the passenger announcements, like CS did in their products?and another little question: what about an terrain-radar or the possibility to add other add-on developers weather-radars into the ND of the 737? would that be possible? and that shouldn't be so much work, or? please think about that!a little last question: are the rain effects which are used in the J41 included in the 737, too?thanks for your reply in advancekeep up work with such amazing products, PMDGregardsEmi

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!