Sign in to follow this  

Any word of the FS2004 GeForce FX issues?

Guest jmarcure

Any word of the FS2004 GeForce FX issues I have read about? No 2d screens or pop-ups like GPS? As the owner of a GeForce FX 5200 Ultra I

Jon, I have the PCI version, and haven't seen any screen (shift 2, 3, etc.) problem. In fact I flew the new A340 with its panel last night and it worked great.

I've got the AGP version and see the issue. Odd thing is that the 737 works perfectly. Here's what I've found (I have not tested every aircraft):Cessna 172 - VC only737 - 2D, VC, GPS, everthing else.747 - VC only777 - VC and GPS onlyRobinson copter - VC onlyLear - VC onlyThat fact that the 737 worked made me wonder if it was not a bad install where some files did not get extracted correctly or something like that. If I can't get it resolved by reinstalling, I suppose I could try different video card drivers, or maybe upgrading to DX9b. If that still doesn't cure it, I may post the directory structure of one of the aircrafts to see if it matches someone elses working copy. Unfortunately I can't test right now cause I'm not at home. If anyone has any more info on the alleged FX issue, please let me know.thx,Johnp.s. If someone has a GeForce FX 5200 AGP and is NOT seeing the problem, please let me know what driver version you are running.

Guest jmarcure

Interesting that you see a problem but Tom doesn

Guest firehawk44

I can't believe there are "issues" with the GeForce FX 5900 Ultra card. I recall seeing early shots of the COF sim taken at the electronics show earlier this year that showed the MS crew using a FX 5900 Ultra card to show off the new sim. That's one of the reasons why I've upgraded to an AGP FX 5900 Ultra, w/256K card from a GeForce 3 card this year. I have a feeling any problems/issues encountered with this card is driver related or not installed properly. Also, it has been put out several times in this forum that you should delete your FS2K2 config and restart the sim whenever you install new hardware. I suspect this will be a requirement for FS2K4 too.Jim

Hi. Yes, it's definitely usable. I do see all virtual cockpits. The only things I can't see are the 2d windows. I wouldn't think that an add-on aircraft, such as the cub you mentioned, would have any problems either (but don't hold me to this as I haven't tested this.)

All you need to do is update your nVidia drivers to the 44.67 or newer version. If you click on 'NEWS' in FS2004's shell you will see information on this. I have FS2004 and a GeForce FX 5900 and everything is work just fine.The 44.67 drivers can be found on www.guru3d.com or youcan wait until July 31st for the offical reference drivers from nVidia.

My problem is with a FX 5200 card. There is a big difference between the 5200 and the 5900. Eventually I'll move to a 5900 ultra when they come down in price.The drivers I'm running for the 5200 are 44.67 which were supposed to be optimized for FS04. I'll mess with different drivers after I convince myself that it wasn't my install that failed.

Hi, The lower FX card have not the same quality/performance then the Gforce4TI Line. The 5200 have issue on some drivers, and the 5600 ultra is disappointed compare to the Gforce4TI mid range, only get higher than 5600 on FX card.There is new driver at Nvidia for the FX line, should be fixed the problems. You can click on news with fs2004, you will see the reports at the bottom of the page.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

That is what I'm running. I'll reinstall the drivers to make sure, though.

Guest jmarcure

So I have to buy fs2004 before I can get the new Nvida driver?I went to the Nvidia site but I didn't see anything there. I also went to the Microsoft fs2004 site and didn't see anything.Jon

Guest otter55

my son has fs2004 installed on a lowly p4 1.5, 768mg ram and new gforce fx 5200 card. has no issues at all.gps' all work fine, all panels work fine, etc.it is not the performer that the ti 4600 is, but he's logged 5-6 hrs so far with no probs.don

I don't have FS2004, but in FS2002, the 2D panels don't usually show up in the VC anyway. Are you sure that they didn't code FS2004 to NOT show the 2d panels in the VC mode?