Sign in to follow this  

Any word of the FS2004 GeForce FX issues?

Chris,I downloaded the 44.67 beta drivers at www.guru3d.com.Although the VC looks fine, I have NO panel (in the cockpit view)nor can I view the GPS in either the cockpit of VC view...I have an FS5200.Does not look good at the moment.JerryG

Er... Disregard! I got FS2004 today and was able to pull up the 2D panels while in the VC without any problems. I have a Geforce 4 Ti4600.

OK -I have a GeForce FX 5200 128MB AGP card. I could not see the panels in the 2D cockpit, nor would the SHIFT 1 - 5 panels appear in the VC.Only the VC cockpit would worl for me.I installed the 44.67 NVidia drivers - same problem.These you can get from www.guru3d.com.Perhaps the "official" drivers WHQL released from NVidia on7/31/03 will indeed fix the problem. That's what the FS2004News section states (thanks Chris for pointing this out).On the Flightsim.com message board, someone said that the 45.20 BETAdrivers fixed the problem. But, at www.guru3d.com, I can't download the drivers (even thought the link is there).So, as a workwound (at least for me), this will work:1) Launch FS2004.2) Start a flight.3) Whatever window you're using (windowed mode or full-screen), change to windowed mode (ALT-ENTER) and make sure the window is maximized (this is the key - you need to maximize the window).4) Now, switch to the 2D cockpit mode. All the SHIFT 1 - 5 windows should now appear - no longer black. I can now get the radio stack, GPS, etc. as well as the full panel.5) Go to VC cockpit. Hit SHIFT 3 - you should get the GPS. SHIFT 2 will display the radio stack, etc. If you shift back to the 2D cockpit and back to the VC, the windows disappear. You just need to hit SHIFT 1 - 5 when back in the VC.6) Either continue flying in windowed mode, or hit ALT-ENTER again for full-screen mode. The panels should all be there in both the 2D and VC cockpits.I hope this works for you and I hope that either the official 44.67and/or 45.20 drivers will fix this issue.JerryG

I was using drivers 44.67 before. By going back to the default drivers from nVidia.com (44.03) my problem is solved! Now my AGP FX 5200 works fine and all panels show. So much for the "optimized for FS04" drivers. Hopefully, the official release from nVidia will be better.thx,John(AKA FSJohn and MGJohn)

Hi All,I normally don't respond to hardware issues this early "in the game"; but this thread may be misleading. I have an Nvidia GeForce FX 5900 AGP (256 MB) running on 44.67 drivers - and I have NOT experienced any of the problems described. Perhaps the new drivers don't work as well on earlier cards; but I am reasonably certain that the glitches don't apply to the FX 5900. I'll continue to test - but (so far), I've had no problems opening windows in any cockpit mode. In my testing, I've found some potential "irritations" - but they're not worth mentioning at this point (as they have very little impact on the overall experience). As is typical, the negative posts are going to overwhelm the more objective posts for the next few weeks. There is nothing wrong with that!!! The folks with no major problems will be busy exploring all the new features FS2004 has to offer so they can assist with questions that may arise in the future. The people with problems will be the first to post on the forum because they want to be "the folks with no major problems"... hopefully, the vast amount of knowledge available in this forum will help solve most user's difficulties and everyone (for the most part) will be happy! My point is - DON'T base your purchasing decision on the amount of complaints posted in the first few weeks. Chances are that the folks complaining of problems today will be posting complimentary reviews next week! Please be patient - the day is young. Now my only question is why Mr. Allensworth is still using a PCI video card - I didn't realize they made those anymore. Tom, quit upgrading the Avsim servers and get yourself a decent graphics accelerator :-)!Regards,Marc

"Now my only question is why Mr. Allensworth is still using a PCI video card - I didn't realize they made those anymore. Tom, quit upgrading the Avsim servers and get yourself a decent graphics accelerator.."Yeah, that was a boner... Went to Staples a week or so ago and bought the only 128 meg card they had in stock. Didn't read the durn box. PCI... Removed my GEForce Ultra II AGP card to replace it with a PCI. Not sure that was too swift. May have to alter that today. :)

Folks -Check out this parallel thread at -http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...26302&mode=fullYou'll read where some people have success with the 44.67 drivers,some use the 44.03 drivers, and some with the new BETA 45.20drivers.After reading these threads, it appears that for us GeForce FXusers, AA is the culprit. We hope a new driver will fix this.Also, read my post above (in this thread), and you'll see that the full-screen mode is what does appear to cause issues.Bottom line, we need to specify:- OS (e.g. Win ME, XP, etc.)- EXACT video card - 5200, 5200 Ultra, 5900, 5600- Drivers that work do not work (in full screen and windowed mode with and without AA).It does not appear that the CPU, DirectX 9.0/a/b flavors affect thisproblem.I suspect this is really a driver issue - not a FS2004 issue. We canonly hope that Nvidia will provide a fixed driver soon (read above -the 44.67 drivers did not help me - but maybe the WHQL version on 7/31/03 will).Thanks!JerryG