Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spiffae

I can't wait for FS2004...can someone help me?

Guest Spiffae

Hi everybody...this is my first ever post here. I got tired of lurking around the forums :)Anyway, i haven't had an MS FS since FS98. Real life took over, and then IL-2 took over. Now that FS2004 is coming out, i'm really getting excited to get back into the civilian flight sim.I have a request of anyone who has the game already... I often fly to Montauk Airport (KMTP) and was wondering what it looked like in FS2004. If anyone could post a screenshot of the approach, or just any shots, i would be extremely happy.thanks, and i'm glad to be a part of this great community!

Guest Spiffae

is this the wrong forum for a request like this? should i have posted elsewhere? thanks.

Guest ssurjap

Hi.Well, it should be address in the SCREENSHOT forum, but also probably because not a lot of people have gotten FS9 yet.Tell you what. Go ahead and click on the FIRST ICON on your right hand side (under the date). It'll send me an e-mail. Put your e-mail there and I'll send it to you.

Guest Spiffae

see, this is what im talking about!what a great group.

Guest Ken_Salter

Actually no. Requests can go here - screen shots go in the screen shot forum. We don't allow requests in the screen shot forum and we don't allow screen shots (other than for support issues) in this forum.http://saltydogfly2.avsim.net/images/avsim_sig.jpg"I am the keeper of the cheese; you are the lemon merchant"

Guest Spiffae

Thanks :) I thought i had it right!Anyway, still waiting on that e-mail!Anyone else still doing requests?

You live on Long Island? I live about a mile or two from KISP. Might go to Montauk this weekend (if the weather is good)

Howdy- here ya go- I didnt look where exactly this was, but good framerates! Interesting though, have a look at the "squared" off scenery. Almost like the ol Fly! scenery was. Is this a "glitch"? I have yet to see shorelines like this since like fs98.http://www.air-source.us/images/screenshot/kmtp .jpgJust add ".jpg" to link in in window

Guest Spiffae

thanks for the shot! that squared off scenery must be a bug, right? i can't imagine the new york area being done with that degree of carelessness.I have a house in montauk, yes. i commute from new york when i'm not working.

WATCH IT NOW Spiffae... Your going to get labeled as a TROLL or worse for observing and/or pointing things out that may need addressing... Many on this forum are just glad we have a new sim, they don't care about the issues or whether they should get fixed or not.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Last time I had squared off problems like that, I found I was missing texture files from the install. Might want to check that. Otherwise maybe you've one or two files not loading for some reason, or you took that shot before they did!I'd be astonished if that is really default in FS2004. But how would I know ... I'm just one of the great unwashed who are waiting patiently for theirs to arrive.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Spiffae

can anyone confirm or deny that the coast of long island is made of big squares?

>can anyone confirm or deny that the coast of long island is made of big squares?In real life - no. It's not. :) In FS2004 life - yes. I concur with the screenshot at this point in time. Surrounding areas of Long Island, Connecticut, RI & Block Island, etc. all are rendered properly. The tip of Long Island is woefully blocky - it appears the LWM data for the coastlines isn't there, and the default landclass "land" or "water" tiles are taking over. If this is indeed the case, don't worry TOO much - I am certain a freeware developer will come up with a fix quite quickly. With the knowledge gained in FS2002 regarding coastlines and landclasses, a real quick set of files can be generated to fill in the missing data and restore the land to it's original spelendor. Of course, it does throw into question the goals of beta testing - systemic errors only, or are geographical issues allowed too?-Greg