Sign in to follow this  
Guest DanWalloch

FS2004 a lesson bug??

well i did the student pilot checkride and passed funny thing is instead of giving my the student/solo certificate i got the private pilot certificate? is this possible, did i do such a great job they thought they would up my liscence?? LOL!anyone else on this?ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest DanWalloch

Why does 2004 even have a student pilot checkride???? You get a real student pilot certificate by filling out a form, normally its part of your first medical, but you can get a separate one by getting a form from the FAA. And then all you need is to be signed off on certain things by your CFI. There is no checkride.

mmm i didnt know that, seems strange though that the sim should issue a private pilots certificate but i didnt even do any of those courses yet.ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest edthorne

I just flew the first solo for the student lessons. Lesson number seven. I too am looking at a pretty Private Pilot certificate. I guess I can move on to my IFR rating now... NOT!Anyone know how to report bugs to Microsoft without paying someone to talk to you on the phone?

Guest sj3

I too was issued a private pilot certificate for passing the student checkride. When I passed the private pilot checkride, I printed out that certificate and didn't find any subtle differences, which I was hoping I would. Looks like a simple oversight but I don't know if FS2002 had a separate student test and associated certificate.I've also got a general lesson question for ifr and beyone, but I'll post that separately. My thanks in advance for any advice.sj

Guest edthorne

For those that want to print a First Solo Flight certificate the bitmap can be found in your Uires folder as gsimgcertif_solo.bmp. A quick pass through Photoshop or some other image editing application to add your name and you're set.