Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Martinair Livery for the PMDG MD-11

Hi all,I'm looking for the passenger version livery Martinair for the PMDG MD-11 but I can't find it. But it's available in the cargo version. Why is the Martinair passenger version not avaiable when they're flying in the real world?Ken Manning

Not meaning to sound sarcastic here Ken, but obviously because someone maybe hasn't created it yet? :(After someone does a livery for one, it can be fairly simple to then create it for it's sister element, however there are still the matter of creating a thumbnail, new instructions for the aircraft.cfg, and some other minor things. Is this on the PMDG site? Or Avsim library?Sorry, but unable to help here, the one with the original paintkit with the textures done for the cargo version would be the one to contact. Did they include an email in there instructions?

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Not meaning to sound sarcastic here Ken, but obviously because someone maybe hasn't created it yet? :(After someone does a livery for one, it can be fairly simple to then create it for it's sister element, however there are still the matter of creating a thumbnail, new instructions for the aircraft.cfg, and some other minor things. Is this on the PMDG site? Or Avsim library?Sorry, but unable to help here, the one with the original paintkit with the textures done for the cargo version would be the one to contact. Did they include an email in there instructions?
Hi Dan,Thanks. I was at the PMDG download website under Liveries. It seems to me it should be there if there's a cargo version.Ken. Manning

Hi Dan,Thanks. I was at the PMDG download website under Liveries. It seems to me it should be there if there's a cargo version.Ken. Manning
Ahhh, thanks for the update Ken,It is also possible that this livery was from a user. I believe there was a time when PMDG put liveries up on their website site from users sending them their work. I don't think they do that anymore since it could be rather exhausting and a full time job for the webmaster alone.I personally have to say I too often fall into the habit of doing a one sided livery. Being that I only fly the Passenger versions, so tend to not paint the cargos unless by request. I am starting to change my ways, but again it is a couple hours extra work in most cases.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Martinair used to operate MD-11F (freighters) & MD-11CF (convertible freighters).You can download the CF version (in classic colors -> still looks identical to the PAX one) from the "F" liveries ;)

MP can't fly PAX anymore on their MD11's because all the stuff that was needed for pax flights are stripped from de 4 CF's which makes them now F only. This saves them an extra few lbs on every flight. The last MD11 was done over a year ago.John

All you need do is copy the martinair o/c texture to the md11 folder and add the flightsim entry from the md11f aircraft.cfg and alter the contents to read md11 instead of md11f and alter the panel default. Hey presto a passenger martinair md11.John Ellison

All you need do is copy the martinair o/c texture to the md11 folder and add the flightsim entry from the md11f aircraft.cfg and alter the contents to read md11 instead of md11f and alter the panel default. Hey presto a passenger martinair md11.John Ellison
Thanks Guys,Sorry it took me some time to reply. At one time, Martinair had 3 747s, 6 MD-11s, and 6 767s. I'm not sure but it could be possible that Martinair is not flying the MD-11 passenger versions now. But I do know that Martinair had 6 MD-11 passenger versions, see the ITVV MD-11 Video. That being the case, there should be one for the passenger version. I know I could use the cargo livery, but the problem I see with that is it doesn't have any seats, therefore, you cannot load any passengers and will not show the correct weight and CG as the passenger version when I enter that into the FMC. It seems to me it will only indicate what freight is loaded on the plane and no passengers. I hope they'll come out with the passenger version. John, thanks for the tip but I don't know what you mean by o/c texture or where that file or folder is located. Would you give me example, in full detail, and what flightsim entries from the MD-11F Aircraft.Cfg you're refering to and where, specifically in the cfg, do I alter the contents to read MD-11, and how do I alter the panel default.Kenneth Manning

Kenneth just copy the Martinair o/c (old colours) MPF texture folder over to the MD11 folder. I renamed it MP to make it easier for me. Then alter the aircraft.cfg file in the MD11 folder - add:[fltsim.XX]title=PMDG MD-11 Martinair Passengersim=MD-11model=PWbpanel=sound=PWtexture=MPkb_checklists=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=PH-MCTatc_airline=Martinairatc_flight_number=242ui_manufacturer=McDonnell Douglasui_type=MD-11 PWui_variation=Martinair O/Cui_typerole=MD-11 PWui_createdby=PMDGdescription=McDonnell Douglas MD-11\nPMDG\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \nProduced under license from Boeing Management Company.\nBoeing MD-11, McDonnell Douglas MD-11, MD-11, McDonnell Douglas & Boeing are among the trademarks owned by Boeing.PMDG Developer and Customer Forum available at our website. \nSounds Developed by PMDG \nThank you for supporting PMDG!\nvisual_damage=0atc_heavy=1atc_parking_types=GATE, RAMPYou'll then have passenger panels and passenger in the load manager. Once you get into load manager select the panel then it'll become panel=WideScreen or panel=John Ellison

At one time, Martinair had 3 747s, 6 MD-11s, and 6 767s
Fleet is now:4x 744 (F) 1 back from the desert (an other one is coming back soon) and MP operates all KLM Cargo flights using theire 744F7x MD11F4x 767 Pax.John