Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Nicholson KMFR

Need help about DirectX : Your opinion is very important to me

DirectX 9b just realeased at AVSIM and I still using 8 in my computer.At that time (from released first Dx9 version I have heard some sim folks are coming back to the Dx8 and for this reason I take a time and keep on and despite I have upgraded for a new one computer (Dell P2.5 512 Mb Ti4200 GForce etc) I still using Dx8 onboard. What you think about upgrade to DirectX9b just now? Thanks in advance for those that can express your opinion in this forum.

I've had absolutely zero problems using DirectX9 and the latest Nvidia driver... DX9b actually fixed a very annoying sound issue with crackling in FS2002 when adjusting thrust settings, so I'm happy! FS2004 will require DirectX9 anyway - go ahead and install it - just make sure you get the latest Nvidia Detonator that supports it...Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest ben_hewitt

Yea me too!, it has fixed my sound problems and my FPS and stability have improved greatly with the new 9.0b!! :D

I recommend the DX9b upgrade over the DX9a that comes with FS2004. It appears to be optimized compared to DX9a.Yesterday I installed FS2004 and had studder issues. Though it came down to WinME running with 256mb memory, I was able to get past the studders by disabling the accelerated sound in DX9a.Last night I upgraded to DX9b, set the sound to basic accelerated and was flying studder free, not to mention the clipped sound was gone. I'm a happy camper now that I'm running DX9b! :)

Bruce...Any idea on the file size of the DX 9b upgrade? Being on dial up, I don't want to have to DL the whole package again.....-John

Ouch...Guess I'm stuck with 9.0a unless 9.0b appears on CD.... I long for the days when these DX packages were under 10 megs.... Sigh..... If they had a runtime, I could DL it on my broadband at the office and burn it... Has anyone seen one?

As Bob says, 32mb, but I think that depends on what OS you are running.You first download a 297kb header that scans your system and then retrives the components for your system. This is where I think the size will vary.Since you are on a dial-up, why not download the header, let it scan your system, then go to bed and let it do its thing? First thing in the morning, restart the system and see if FSCOF runs smoother on your system. :)Bruce

John,If you haven't already spotted it, the AVSIM front page has a link for your downloadable version of DX9b. Now you can burn it to a disk at the office and save the d/l at home.Bruce