Sign in to follow this  
Guest jj421

Can't See Shadows In VC!

Guest jj421

Hi all. I am new to the forums here and have no idea if this has been mntioned before.I am wondering why I can't see my aircraft's shadow in the virtual cockpit but I can see other aircraft's shadows and I can see shadows from buildings all in the VC. I can see my shadow in the spot view, but not in the VC view. Is there any way to be able to see it? I make videos for YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/airbusandmustang) and I like to make them as realistic as possible. The fact that I can't see the shadow is starting to ###### me off. I want it like FSX where in the VC you can see it and use it to (kind of) judge your altitude when on final.Any help?? :(

Can't comment on your question...but if you made that video...where the heck do I get those water wave animation textures!?

You won't see your own plane's shadow in FS9, neither in VC mode nor in the 2D cockpit mode. Only from spot or tower view you can see it.Wolfgang

Guest jj421
Can't comment on your question...but if you made that video...where the heck do I get those water wave animation textures!?
Hi! Yes I did make that video. You can get the water from here:http://www.simviation.com/simviation/stati...D=85&page=4It's the third item. Make sure you have "Water Detail" set up to max. Enjoy!