Sign in to follow this  
apomet

LGAV ATIS problem

Hello to the RC team.I have just purchased the product (SWREG ORDER NUMBER: U741350401).I am using FS 2004 and Active Sky Advanced with the latest FSUIPC.When I go to LGAV airport (Athens,Greece) and get the ATIS I do not get the LGAV weather but the LGAT weather.The problem is that FS 2004 does not have a registered LGAV weather station and that is the issue.Is there a way to fix that? RC gets the weather from ASA directly or from FSUIPC? I think that it takes the weather from FSUIPC as WeatherSet2 reports the same weather with RC.Is there a way for RC to get the weather directly from ASA in order to have the accurate LGAV weather?THanks in advanceApostolos

I am using FS 2004 and Active Sky Advanced with the latest FSUIPC.When I go to LGAV airport (Athens,Greece) and get the ATIS I do not get the LGAV weather but the LGAT weather.The problem is that FS 2004 does not have a registered LGAV weather station and that is the issue.Is there a way to fix that?
No, not in FS9. FSX has a facility for programs like ASA to add weather stations but I don't think it uses it for omissions / changes like that, only for trans-oceanic stations so the weather can change on such flights.
RC gets the weather from ASA directly or from FSUIPC? I think that it takes the weather from FSUIPC as WeatherSet2 reports the same weather with RC.
Yes, it reads the weather from FS, via FSUIPC, because that is the actual weather in FS, the weather which would also be reported by FS's own ATIS.
Is there a way for RC to get the weather directly from ASA in order to have the accurate LGAV weather?
Even if it could (and it would be pretty massive changes both for ASA and RC), how would you tune your radio in to a non-existent ATIS? If you tune into LGAT ATIS you must get LGAT weather.RC can (and does, I think), get weather by Lat/Lon location rather than by the Weather Station ID, so it could certainly get the weather at LGAV, but how would you tune into the ATIS to do that?RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Thanks for the quick response.I know that the problem is complicated.I have both FS9 and FSX installed.I will try RC with FSX.I hope I will not need a new activation code.

Thanks for the quick response.I know that the problem is complicated.I have both FS9 and FSX installed.I will try RC with FSX.I hope I will not need a new activation code.
I don't think it will be any different in FSX as LGAV still isn't a WX station. I don't think ASA inserts one, and even if it did I don't think it can set the COM frequency for tuning it in. You'd need a scenery file change to provide the frequency in FSX.One thought did occur to me, however. RC relies on a file in its data to provide it with the assorted COM frequencies. You should be able to fool RC into believing there's an ATIS with a given frequency at LGAV. If you can do that, and if, as I think, RC does request weather by LAT/LON rather than by ICAO ID, it might all work out both in FS9 and FSX.Worth a try. You might need JDs advice on which frequency file to edit and what to change or add to it.RegardsPete

I don't think it will be any different in FSX as LGAV still isn't a WX station. I don't think ASA inserts one, and even if it did I don't think it can set the COM frequency for tuning it in. You'd need a scenery file change to provide the frequency in FSX.One thought did occur to me, however. RC relies on a file in its data to provide it with the assorted COM frequencies. You should be able to fool RC into believing there's an ATIS with a given frequency at LGAV. If you can do that, and if, as I think, RC does request weather by LAT/LON rather than by ICAO ID, it might all work out both in FS9 and FSX.Worth a try. You might need JDs advice on which frequency file to edit and what to change or add to it.RegardsPete
in v4, i see LGAV has the following frequenciesident, name, atis, clearance, ground, tower, unicom, multicom, approach, departureLGAV,Athens Eleftheros Venizelos,136.12,118.67,121.75,136.27,0,0,119.1,118.3so atis should be on 136.12. when approaching LGAV, and you go off frequency to get the weather, you will get the weather at LGAV on 136.12i'm trying to remember if that is a valid frequency. i think you can't dial that in. i think 135.97 is as high as you can go.so edit the f4.csv file, with NOTEPADfind LGAVchange 136.12 to whatever your LGAV frequency shouold be. save it. and you should be good.jd

in v4, i see LGAV has the following frequenciesident, name, atis, clearance, ground, tower, unicom, multicom, approach, departureLGAV,Athens Eleftheros Venizelos,136.12,118.67,121.75,136.27,0,0,119.1,118.3so atis should be on 136.12. when approaching LGAV, and you go off frequency to get the weather, you will get the weather at LGAV on 136.12i'm trying to remember if that is a valid frequency. i think you can't dial that in. i think 135.97 is as high as you can go
Wouldn't the tower be unreachable too, then, at 136.27? In fact both FS9 and FSX do allow up to 136.95. I don't know about previous versions -- you might be remembering an old restriction? It does ring a bell with me also.If RC4 had the ATIS frequency, the User problem in getting LGAT ATIS instead must surely have been that he tuned into LGAT ATIS, or at least the frequency that RC4 has listed for LGAT. So maybe he needs to edit both LGAT and LGAV to get them up to date?RegardsPete