Sign in to follow this  

"FSPlanet is on it again"

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

It's funny don't you think,Ferdy's replies and threats to people could have been written by his sponser and co scumbag, the one and only Mr. Tishma.

Guest Toni Rauch

Hey TomIt's probably the same 'lawyer' that one of Ferdy's main commercial sponsors uses...... (No prizes for guessing who.):-lol :-lol :-lol Toni.

Hi Tommy,uploading files without the author's permission can happen on any FS site - even here at Avsim. I have alerted the library managers on a few occasions to pirated files. Considering the volume of uploads, it is not surprising that a few unkosher ones may slip through. The difference between Avsim/Flightsim and Mr Serena is that Mr Serena erroneously claims that a freeware work is his to distribute as he wishes (refer to my previous posts above). It would appear that he actively searches sites like Avsim and Flightsim for new files to download. This is the exact opposite of what Avsim and Flightsim are doing - no member of staff at either Avsim or FS.com will knowingly put files in their library against the author's wishes. In Ms Thomas' case, she appears to have been subjected to a spiel worthy of a telemarketer. While this may have been unpleasant, FS.com did respect her wishes and her rights and removed the file.Therefore, your argument is devoid of substance.Cheers,Gosta. http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

True. But the server host states clearly that you are only allowed to upload files to which you hold the copyright or which are free of copyright and that you by uploading grant them an unlimited commercial distribution right on those files.As such it is in Ferdy's interest (else he'd loose his hosting contract) to claim that all freeware is automatically free from copyright (if it weren't he'd be violating his contract with his hosting provider who (in contrast to most freeware authors) do have the funds to sue him).

Guest JoeW

I also have in my read_me's a paragraph about these sites. If anyone see's any of my repaints or sceneris at either of these places, please let me know....There is also a sentence that states " You may not make money from these files". Please le me know if any of my sceneries are placed on any of these librarys.Joe Watson

If I found my files at flightsim.com I would take issue with it as I specify Avsim specifically as the sole public distribution medium.Now I don't have many things out there but the number doesn't matter...

Do rats survive? Can roaches live in poison?

And note that in the projectai thread he only says he has removed the files from the first class server, which means they are all still on the free servers. So he has only removed the link from the site pages but will still be issuing the files on CD's. I hope I am wrong about that but frankly I have little hope of that.Rather than getting him to remove the link he should be pressured into deleting the files from all his servers, retrieval systems and anywhere else he has stored them.Bill

The easiest way to go about this would be to start a petition and forward it to everyone concerned... ISP, Server-host, people that advertise there, etc...The only way to bring him down without a lawsuit would be to make it a well known fact for the entire community that he is in fact stealing and that he is violating copyrights...IMHO that is..

Guest Guruswarmyoz

Do what I did. I (in all seriousness too BTW) threatened Ferdster with a complaint to the relevent authorities in his country (& the country of the file server hosts Mondadori.com) via the appropiate diplomatic channels, stating that under Australian Law his actions were/are in direct breach of copyright laws (pertaining to the design software used & my own distribution limitations). Penalties for these offences in Aust are $50,000 fine & or 12 months imprisonment thus leaving him with a criminal record & an extradition to Australia for procedings.I thus gained entry to his "black listed authors", & will have none of my files appear (although the host server company of F$$planet refuse to acknowlege any correspondance, this mob is in my humble opinion bloody worse).I'm sure that he does troll these forums for threads like these & will get more of an idea as to his standing.

Petitions don't work.Companies and government agencies get swamped with them all the time. Unless they're coming from large groups like the Red Cross or the WWF they're just filed in the grey circular archive and promptly forgotten about.The only way you might possibly harm him a bit is if you got Microsoft to include a blacklist of sites people should NOT visit AND a whitelist of sites you should visit for information in each and every box of FS (with reasons for the blacklisting).But given the almost certainty of lawsuits against Microsoft were they to do that the chances of that happening are slim indeed.

>Penalties for these offences in Aust are $50,000 fine & or 12 months imprisonment thus leaving him with a criminal record & an extradition to Australia for procedings.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg