Sign in to follow this  

"FSPlanet is on it again"

I see that a couple of posters did touch on the misconception that Ferdy has between "Free Software" and "Freeware" (as we call it). By description, Freeware in the Flight Sim community is not software at all, but is better defined as "art" and would fall under the general blanket of a copyright as it would apply to recorded music, video, a painting, sculpture, published article or editorial, book, photograph, and yes, even a screenshot from Flight Simulator of mine is covered under that type of copyright. The IP Ferdy is using states that the files uploaded must be free of copyright and I'm sure that our friend at FSPlanet has incorrectly told them that because the files he steals are Free Software, they are to be considered public domain. I suppose it could be claimed that Ferdy's lack of communication skills in the English language are the root of his misunderstanding, though I suspect this is not the case.I have no doubt that Ferdy understands the difference between Free Software and Freeware, but it would not be to his advantage to admit his understanding of the difference in any public or private fashion.In the end, Ferdy is working off the assumption that there is little if anything anyone can do about it (and from any kind of court or legal action he's probably right), but in small ways a few people complaining and writing to his IP server and advertisers can eventually have an effect. Some may even state that they could care less what goes on at FSPlanet and they may even be reading this and will go right on downloading from that site. Those individuals are most likely someone who has never designed an FS aircraft or done a repaint and certainly have never uploaded a file representing some form of work they have done on their own. I say to you that you had better start caring and protecting your hobby, because if enough of this file stealing goes on, eventually all of our freeware designers and artist will disappear and then where will you go for that latest freeware scenery, aircraft, panel, or repaint you've been waiting for?Steve (Bear) Cartwright

Guest jon_151

Well said Bear!The terms free to what I understand means something you can get without having to spend/trade anything for it.Thousands of Freeware Authors just want to share our creation with simmers out there, all we ask is a sense of appreciation. Person like Ferdy do not understand the word appreciation, we can only ask one appreciation that are to abide by the EULA we stated and to enjoy our work, that's about it!, very easy to follow.Ferdy poached the file and even he stated yeah you can download from his site, 1 out of 100 chance you can't and I believe people knows which addon is the best for them, they will get it.People who spends money for FSPlanet first class access is the matter of people who just lazy to search and just want the best. Quite sad, they will sooner realise that the best ones are more than what FSPlanet offer, to Ferdy's eyes, the one one he included on FSPlanet are the best, but not all people will share the same view as he is.If FSPlanet was still like it's old concept, I don't mind having my files there and rated 3-5 stars, it's the way of recognition appreciation. I am referring to it's concept when First Class wasn't established in FSPlanet.As Bear said, we better start protecting our hobby. The fight for our favorite hobbies continue and I hope Ferdy will be put to justice soon.

Guest Philip Olson

Ok, I have some good news if anyone wants to take advantage of it, I have an attorney that is willing to take this case for free. He is a family friend and is doing this as a favor to me, he sounded quite interested in it and wants to hear more from those that have had their creations "stolen". Anyone who may be interested may contact me at polson3020@aol.com This is not my normal email address but I want to keep this stuff serperated from all of the normal junk mail I receive everyday. It may be a couple of days before I can get back to you since I am leaving this afternoon for a short trip to Texas but once I get back we will arrange some communication between you and the attorney. Thanks, Philip

Guest Ken_Salter

My FS9 Configurator README file specifically states that distribution is limited and by permission only.I found FS9 Configurator on FSPlanet.comhttp://www.fsplanet.com/19092003.htmI emailed the webmaster and heard nothing and it is still listed.I noticed the "screen shot" of my program is the same one I gave to AVSim.com. It is AVSim.com's property and this web site lifted it without permission. This constitutes theft in my eyes.It is rather troubling that I cannot do anything about this. :-fume

FSFreeware and Ferdy are runnng the same type of operation. They leech freeware from other sites, then charge people to downlaod them. Kinda smells bad.http://www.fsfreeware.com/dcd/General_Util...us/index-4.html-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

As you can see from my conv with ferdy above, or it might have been a different one, but Ray from FSFreeware joined and I beleive they are in cahoots with each other. It justs disjusts me that these people can do stuff like this, and then lie. Take the front page of FSPlanet for example. "#1 worldwideFlight Sim Databaseup to 23,000 files!!!since 1997"Nope flightsim and avsim are."Visited by over 24,000 Flight Sim lovers each day!"I'll beleive that when pigs fly...

Guest CargoMun

Well I was one of those who visited earlier today (you know, the average "send some bad online vibes day"):DI wonder if Ben Hewitt really uploaded all the POSKY repaints of the B757?Also the iFDG soundpack my my...

Guest jon_151

iFDG EULA :This aircraft is being distributed as Freeware. It may be freely used as long as it is not sold or included in any package requiring monetary compensation, and all original files are included, including this license.The files included in this package are copyrighted to IFDG. They are not to be included in a commercial package, compilation CD, or any other kind of distribution for which money is charged or to be included on a website that is not accessible free of charge, without the written permission of the Author.It seems Ferdy cannot read English well....he assume yeah as long as he can steal it, go ahead, upload it.I'm really want to see this guy taken to justice, I have enuff of his non sense.

Guest wathomas777

"If some wish to start registering their copyrights they can recover ALL legal Fees if the court finds in their favor. :)"That's true, but you need the captial to do it. Now if you are independently wealthy, and want to put up some serious fundage, then there is a "chance" to recover your legal fees.Wait...There's a chance for judgement to recover legal fees. Whether or not you can collect is another story.It's situations like this that just make you hope beyond hope, that what goes around, comes around....

Guest Wolf8218

erik i dont know why you have to be such a smartass about these thingsi dont know why you are FORBIDDEN in fsplanet, as you dont make anything, i dont really think you should be involved.you are not in england, and in that chat log you act like you have some way to sic them on ferdy... also during that chat log you just sit there ridiculing him of his poor english, while he tries desperately to make your arrogant mind understand his case. right or wrong, you should at least dignify him by not replying "i dont blame them, chocolate cake is good"...i think he makes a very good case with the waiting in line thing..FILEPLANET IS THE SAME EXACT THINGyou either pay for no waiting in line for free stuff, or you wait in line 45 minutes for a slower transfer, and if this is so bad then gamespy would be getting many many lawsuits.so dont go flapping your jaw off talking about something you dont understand.phew that was alot of typing, i should be in speach and debate :-DLife is a design flaw...

You also need to improve your spelling and grammar skills. Also may I show to everyone the little PM you sent me while ago through these forums. This is a little graphic people.This email is an automatic message generated by a forum program athttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.phpYou have following message from Wolf8218.------------------------------------------------------Subject: ....****ing kid...Message: youre only ****ing 17 years old (@ the most) so shut your face the **** up while you still got one..This email is sent to you because you requested an email notification whenever you have a new message in your inbox.Thank you.AVSIM Forums AdministratorHe has been banned from the Simviation forums for this sort of behavior, twice infact. Avsim mods deal with him please. Thank YouWolf, while you are still here, here's the awnser to some of your questions.I have my name up there, with some other developers, because we fought against FSPlanet, and are deemed a threat by him. I fought to keep all TLUK Design materials off his site, but he still persists.The problem I have with him, and HUNDREDS of other developers have is that he steals files from other sites to put on his, do fileplanet and gamespy do that? NO SIR

Guest Wolf8218

lol this is exactly how you tried to get me banned from simv alsoyou make people mad, then you get the admins to like you (cough dan and pete cough)then you try to turn the admins against your enemies...youre very immature for youre age, and im what? a year younger than you?btw what part of my spelling was wrong? maybe cause i type so fast i dont have the time to look back onto it, sorry i cant be a pecker and type 2 WPM...Life is a design flaw...

Yes I am only one year older than you, but I have the manners and knowledge that yelling and badgering people doesn't get you anywhere. I am going to stop replying to you now so this topic does not become a flame war between the two of us. I hope that you have the decency and knowledge to do the same.