Sign in to follow this  
flyking

We found FS2004 here!

Confirmed tin-box eddition in-stock at Office Depot in Crystal Lake, Illinois for $54.95. Just bought mine 30 minutes ago!

i got mine at provantage.. bought yesterday.. got today!!

I called EVERY Office Depot (all 10), Best Buy, Circuit City, Staples, none have in stock.EB's, Babbages, and FRY's are on strict hold till Tues.Best Buy did mention something about possibly releasing on Sunday ad.Bestbuy beaverton said they had it in stock, I drove there and they said that it was incorrect. :(Anybody in Portland, OR. Whom, was able to buy at a store PLEASE PLEASE POST!!! BillyBob

I got mine at Office Depot in KC Kansas WOOHOOO that last copy.

Can anyone give me the Office Depot 6 digit SKU#? My local Depots say they have "a bunch of stuff in the back" that they haven't got on the floor yet, but without a SKU # it would be hard for them to tell if they had '04 yet. Help!!!!

Chris, I'm on the west side of Phoenix and spent a little time last week on a search with no results as well. Ended up ordering from Provantage Thursday morning and had the tin-box version in my hand when I got home from work Friday afternoon. :7 Mike CKPHX

EB Willowbrook Houston had 3 this AM!

North Dallas People, :DOffice Depot in Carrolton on Denton Rd., has 3 Tin Edition. They will hold it by phone. 972-242-9995.SKU# 769-132Got mine, :-)Jay:-wave_____________________________________________________________________

Guest iflyskyhawks

I was thrilled to see two copies of FS2004:ACOF on the shelf at the Office Depot in San Antonio, Texas (San Pedro @ Isom Rd.). Needless to say, the store now only has ONE copy left!!

Here in Raleigh NC area, I know of three places that have FS2004 in stock, but they will not sell until Tuesday. They all quoted me the MS (more like the BS) gag order "We can not release until the 29th because Microsoft said so. We can be fined up to $10,000 if we do not comply, etc, etc." If that is how MS will continue to do business by sending their corporate lawyers after retailers (like, how the hell are they going to enforce such a policy anyways?), then I say, "good luck MS, you have missed the mark - to sell your software whenever and where ever it is available."For sure I'm moving to the console system and it won't be XBox.Cloud9

Guest ihorizon

Specifically Gwinnett County. I drove over 50 miles to two area malls, Mall of Georgia and Gwinnett Place Mall. All of the office supply stores (Office Depot, Staples, and Office Max) do not have it available yet. All the Babbages, Electronic Boutiques, Best Buys, and a MicroCenter don't have it on the floors yet. I pestered everyone in those stores and they refused to even admit it is in the back.However, in the Electronic Boutique store in the Mall of Georgia, the manager was full of sympathy to my desire to grab a copy. He told me that it is grounds for termination if he were to relent and sell it to me. He did not admit to having a copy, but said there are a lot of boxes in the back with "Do not sell until 8/29" labels on them. He did ask if I knew of any stores around selling it. I kinda wanted to come back with a smart arse answer, "Well would I be asking you if you had it if I could get it somewhere else?" But I did tell him that there are reports on the various flight sim boards over who are selling it. He said those stores are risking their license to sell Microsoft products and that if Microsoft were to find out, those retailers would be paying big fines and the managers of those stores would be fired. To him, the risk is simply just not worth it.I then asked what would happen if someone wandered in here and told him that the Best Buy across the street had it out for sale. He replied that he would be on the phone to Microsoft about it and that an area representative of Microsoft would contact that store and tell them to remove it from the shelves until Tuesday. Later in the day that MS rep would pay a visit to make sure that store complied. This manager said that since the software retail market is so competitive, he would not hesitate to report and said that Best Buy would do the same thing to him. He did say, however, that he disagree with MS position on this. He believes that if he had it in the store, it belonged on the shelves and not in the back, but his hands were tied.All in all, I guess I'll have to wait patiently until Tuesday. Since it is a nice, hot summer day outside, I'm going to back my Chevy to my boat and haul it over to Lake Lanier with a pair of binoculars and ogle the chicks on the houseboats.John in Auburn, Ga

On my way to Best Buy in Milpitas California 12 or so left...

Office Depot here doesn't have it and actually asked me to post that to stop their phone from ringing.

Well Tom,You have a pallet of tin boxes. Is it true that MS will come after you if you sell early???Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA