Sign in to follow this  
Guest peter_private

When saving a flight all FMS data are lost

Guest peter_private

Hello, I am just going through the tutorial. The problem is that if I save the flight and re-load it later allFMS data are lost. The FMS is turned off and I have to turn it on and start the flight planning again...this seriously drops the fun rate of this airline. What am I doing wrong??Thanks!Peter

Hello, I am just going through the tutorial. The problem is that if I save the flight and re-load it later allFMS data are lost. The FMS is turned off and I have to turn it on and start the flight planning again...this seriously drops the fun rate of this airline. What am I doing wrong??Thanks!Peter
You are not doing anything wrong. The JS41 is a 'budget' model and so lacks some sim features such as failure generator, 2D cockpit, and, as you have found, no panel state or fms data saved. For under $50 bucks, its hard to complain too much.

Guest peter_private
You are not doing anything wrong. The JS41 is a 'budget' model and so lacks some sim features such as failure generator, 2D cockpit, and, as you have found, no panel state or fms data saved. For under $50 bucks, its hard to complain too much.
Are you serious?? I dont need a failure simulation but come on! Not being able to save FMS is a joke. Basically it means that its impossible to save a flight. Sorry, but I am disappointed...even if its a low budget sim....Peter

Seriously, why would you want to save a JS41 flight? It is strictly a regional aircraft, flights are usually less than an hour. Also, the FMS is not required to fly this bird which can be navigated VOR to VOR all the way. In fact, the FMS is not certified for RNAV GPS procedures. Sorry you are dissappointed, but I don't get it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Seriously, why would you want to save a JS41 flight? It is strictly a regional aircraft, flights are usually less than an hour. Also, the FMS is not required to fly this bird which can be navigated VOR to VOR all the way. In fact, the FMS is not certified for RNAV GPS procedures. Sorry you are dissappointed, but I don't get it.
I've never tried to save, but you can't just save it and punch in the FMS data again? But, Dan it is a sim. I can think of any number of reasons why you need to save. Wifey wants you to run an errand; relatives call and want to talk for 2 hours (usually, I keep flying anyway on that one ;) ), suddenly remembering it is Tuesday and you should be at work, etc., etc. True, the short nature of the flight make these events relatively unlikely, but still, I can think of any number of reasons why you might feel obligated to save.

suddenly remembering it is Tuesday and you should be at work
Yeah, I'll back off on that one. I became addicted with this plane during beta. I honestly love it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yea the J41 grows on you fast! FMS saving - I can only fly about 1/2 hour a night and most of my flights take about 5 nights. So it is not a bad idea. jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Are you serious?? I dont need a failure simulation but come on! Not being able to save FMS is a joke. Basically it means that its impossible to save a flight. Sorry, but I am disappointed...even if its a low budget sim....Peter
I love this plane but I totally agree with Peter.And I am a little disappointed too...Not being able to save fms data is the same as not being able to save a flight.The J41 can go even for 2.5 hours flying so it would have been nice if it had this feature which to me is fundamental regardless of being a budget or non model aircraft.I get irritated when someone tells me "well this is a bugdet model so don't complain".Hopefully for us they will come out with a pacth...got my fingers crossed for this.No offence to anyone,David

...For under $50 bucks, its hard to complain too much.
Sorry, it appears I was wrong again.

Well David you can save the FMS flight route after you have entered it. So when you start from that airport again you can simple load that flight plan.As for Peter and not being able to save a flight, well all my flights are under an hour in the JS41 and after months have never needed or wanted to save a flight.If you dont have 30 min's to an hour why start in the first place.This is the best value for money addon aircraft there is. But like always, someone will find fault.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Well David you can save the FMS flight route after you have entered it. So when you start from that airport again you can simple load that flight plan.As for Peter and not being able to save a flight, well all my flights are under an hour in the JS41 and after months have never needed or wanted to save a flight.If you dont have 30 min's to an hour why start in the first place.This is the best value for money addon aircraft there is. But like always, someone will find fault.
Hi,well not all flights last an hour,for example my first flight was from Nice to London,and that's about a 2 hour flight,then there's the pre-flight preparation,I mean getting the weather,the charts,the atis,the route,taxi time in and out of an airport and every other thing I might not remember now.Even a 30 minute flight like you say will still take an hour and 15 minutes if not more.Don't get me wrong I didn't say it was a fault,I love this plane and fly nothing else but pmdg (and there's a reason to that),but I just think that feature is a must and Peter is right when he says its a joke...Bye guys,no offence to anyone by the way this is just constructive talking.David

I was disappointed initially, too, but the FMS of the J41 is a simple one. It's avery easy to save your flightplan to a file, and then reload it later. You'll have to enter the performance stuff and such again, yes, but it's not as much as on, say the Boeing 747. Next you only have to use the Direct-to feature to define your next waypoint, and you're done. The work involved is minimal.But yeah, i would have been nice if it'd just been saved together with the rest of the panel :(

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest bf2017

I am very disappointed as well! Not being able to use autosave is a deal breaker for me. I fly for a virtual airline, and was looking for a nice commuter when I don't want to fly heavies. My virtual airline uses ACARS for flight logging, and if my FSX/computer crashes is recovers it where it last saved it. So not being able to save a flight WITHOUT HAVING TO COMPLETELY REDO ALL NAVIGATION FOR THE FLIGHT is simply ridiculuous. I can't use it. I am very satisified with PMDGs MD-11 which I fly constantly, but I really am at a loss for words why they couldn't put a "save" component in this sim and added $10 bucks to the price.One more aircraft into the trash bin.

One more aircraft into the trash bin.
Talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water ...

Or, you could save the route after you input it and the reload it when FSX comes back up. And if your FSX is crashing with enough frequency to make this an issue, you might want to rearrange your priorities and put "Making FSX more stable" over "Can't Save FMS Data".

Joe Sherrill