Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

AI Aircraft not landing on FS2004

Guest DSN

Hello all,I've used FS2004 for about an hour now and it seem that every AI aircraft calls a missed approach when landing. I dont' know if this applies to PAI aircraft or default aircraft. Has anyone else seen this behavior?-DN

If you are using the TTools version for FS2002, then you will most likely get this behavior. This is due a small change in the traffic.bgl format used in FS9. You need to remove all "@" in your flight plan leg times to get it working 100%.Hope this helpsThomas

Guest CargoMun

I tend to agree with you a little bit. Am quite dissapointed in AI approach handling in FS2004. I took all my AI from FS2002 and I too am seeing ALOT of missed aproaches especially at heavy traffic airports.I was under the impression from beta testers that all these AI hold problems was very rare??Maybe it will dissapear once we are able to set runways to only take on either landing or takeoffs with AFCAD :)Having said that, they all fly well as they should and when they DO land they come down on ground safely and taxi off fairly fast.AI used: some PAI, FSP and Aardvark majority.On a sidenote; I noticed that while taxi'ing the other planes behind one seems to adjust their taxi speed and not keep a fixed speed. Quite nice not having a jumbo right up one's a** when taking corners :D

Chris,You ask your question as if EVERYBODY has their copy of 2K4. You're 4 days early according to MS.Anyway, glad to hear that some people have it and can work out the bugs before I buy it.Enjoy,

Guest DSN

Thomas,Thanks for the tip. I will give it a trythanks-DN

Guest NetBoyz

Is there a version of TTools available for FS2K4? Tx -- Dick Bixler

Guest CargoMun

I really hope it comes soon becos there isnt any out yet.Its REALLY tedious work having to decompile traffic.bgl in fs2002 folder and making changes then compiling again and THEN moving it to FS9 :D

Guest Joshieca

>If you are using the TTools version for FS2002, then you will>most likely get this behavior. This is due a small change in>the traffic.bgl format used in FS9. You need to remove all "@">in your flight plan leg times to get it working 100%.>>Hope this helps>>ThomasDoes this mean we can look forward to a new version AITM soon??