Sign in to follow this  
Guest CargoMun

FS2004 & Ultimate Traffic

Guest Maul

Hello all,I just received my copy of FS2004 before I went to work, so now I'm stuck here for a couple agonizing hours. Any way, I have Flight1's Ultimate Traffic and I realize that an update will be released soon to make it compatible with FS2004, but since it's not patched yet, does anyone know how to make it work for now? I want to see if it can handle all the landing and departing traffic out of O'Hare :9Thanks in advanceEricArea51Intel

Copy traffic.bgl to replace the traffic030528.bgl in sceneryworldscenery, it should work. However, no cure for parking space now.

Guest Maul

Thanks a lot, I'll try it when I get home! (Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock..)EricArea51Intel

Hey Eric,I got it to work, although the parking spots are a bit off everything seems intact. All I did was:(1) copy the old fs2002 traffic.bgl (found in fs2002/scenedb/ATC/scenery folder, then I dropped it into the FS9/scenery/world/scenery folder. Youll see a file called traffic030528.bgl in that folder as well. What I did first was ran FS9 with both traffic files in there, and low and behold ALL the traffic was visible! (both FS9 default AND UT). So I simply MOVED the default traffic030528.bgl file into a safe place (somewhere where FS9 cannot find any bgl files) and kept the traffic.bgl (UT File) in there and all seems to work ok.(2) Open two occurances of windows explorer and copy all Flight One AI Aircraft from the old fs2002/aircraft folder into the FS9/aircraft folder.Thats it for now! Traffic flow seems to move better than the sometimes 30-45 minute waits at big airports, BUT I havent tested enough to know for sure. I also havent paid too much attention to see if aircraft are actually landing at the airports and staying on the ground (or dissapearing), Ive been too busy enjoying the new stuff in FS9!Of course maybe someone else paying more attention could enlighten us with more details on what is or isnt working but the "real" ambience of r/w airlines and ATC callsigns is enough 4 me for now until they patch it.EDITED- Oops i see someone else already posted an answer, my slow typing bit me that time! x(

Guest CargoMun

Great to know that BOTH traffic.bgl's can work at same time. Makes for handy flying with all the GA around.A little addition to whats mentioned above. Since FS9 have apparently changed a few of the airport locations i.e. added RKSI in Korea and LGAV Athens, I took the FS9 traffic030528.bgl, decompiled it inside FS2002, took the (FS9)airport.txt file and compiled it together with my 'old' aircraft.txt and flightplans.txt files and then putting back the traffic.bgl into FS9 folder. Places like RKSI Incheon wont have any traffic otherwise from UT or other AI traffic from FS2002 I think.Of course I also had to go through the whole flightplan.txt in wordpad and replace all references from RKSS to RKSI for example.

wow this is excellent tip!i have copied and pasted it for safe keeping till i get my copy down under!!!:-lol

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

by the way you mentioned you moved the traffic.bgl file, howabout the airline files texture files etc? did you move those from the aircraft directory of fs2002 to fs2004 as well?p.s do the land properly or do missed approaches?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest CargoMun

Yes move or copy all aircraft used for ai to the FS9 folder same place as with fs2002.There is quite alot of missed approaches but i hear its to do with removing all @ signs in the flightplan.txt file before compiling it.That is no @ in the FS9 version of flightplan.txt Pretty easy to replace in wordpad.Might be becos AC needs an updated FDE as well Im not sure.

Guest frankcubillos

Quick tip....Compile your traffic in 02 with the "Check to inhibit using fixed arrivial times" this removes the "@" comment (which is the new switch for go-arounds in FS04). You should see planes landing now.Until there is a way to add gates stick with the big airports, they have a number of gates (although not lined up properly grrr).:-wavehttp://fsgateway.com/frank/fs9paibeta.jpg

Guest CargoMun

Cheers for the tip Frank :)Something that puzzles me about the gates is that for example FS9 KORD have alot of jetways where it doesnt seem to be a parking spot, and those that are connected to jetways is way off the marker :DIn FS2002 I had KORD jam packed just with United almost (not by all means a good thing lol) but in FS2004 it looks pretty empty but with room enough.Come on AFCAD 2004!!!!