Sign in to follow this  
Jackie

Sound Driver

Hello, I recently purchased a new motherboard an AsusM4a79XTD EVO. However it comes with a via hd audio and this does not allow me to lower my sound quality lower than cd quality. Any ideas on what I can do to overcome this issue. I have tried to use various drivers from VIA but no luck.RegardsJackie

I have the same issue! CD quality is the lowest setting. I am desperet to find a fix for this black screen/ menu thing!

Yea same here Ricky I have sent emails to asus and to via hoping for a reply.

My guess is that you're talking about this issue?Onboard audio is very taxing for the cpu and especially all the latest ones with HD 7.1 surround and up. Bufferpools are helping some and it helped me a lot too, but now I'm back to using XP64 which solved all my problems. Have a look through that thread.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

My guess is that you're talking about this issue?Onboard audio is very taxing for the cpu and especially all the latest ones with HD 7.1 surround and up. Bufferpools are helping some and it helped me a lot too, but now I'm back to using XP64 which solved all my problems. Have a look through that thread.
Hey Dan, Yup thats the problem I got here. I am using a creative xfi soundcard. I have yet to try the bufferpool trick. There has been a popular solution I found on the FTX orbx forum, I will give that a go as well and see how that works!

No I am not, It popped up during a driver update but I didn't install it.

As far as onboard audio goes, I highly recommend picking a motherboard that has a Realtek chipset for it - my last two boards have had Realtek and I've never had a problem with them in the slightest. It seems some of the other makers aren't as good. (VIA, C-media, Soundmax etc)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Grab it.
Will do! Thanks for the tip!

Yea Realtek is chipset to get. Any suggestions on what sound card to utilize ?