Sign in to follow this  
royski

Can't change speed/cruise altitude in FMC

There are times that I could not make changes to the speed/FL entry in FMC... It responds with "INVALID ENTRY."I have followed the correct format though. Any suggestions?

There are times that I could not make changes to the speed/FL entry in FMC... It responds with "INVALID ENTRY."I have followed the correct format though. Any suggestions?
At what point in the flight? Which page on the FMC? Etc. Screen shot would be nice.Off topic question: What does a "virtual pilots union" do, exactly? Do you stage virtual picket lines they I might see if I zoom in on an airport at FSX?

At what point in the flight? Which page on the FMC? Etc. Screen shot would be nice.Off topic question: What does a "virtual pilots union" do, exactly? Do you stage virtual picket lines they I might see if I zoom in on an airport at FSX?
It happens on pre-flight. Prior to puchback when I'm making flight planning on the FMC LEGS page.What you're talking about is a labour union... hahaha... A vrtual pilot union is an online organization of people. It's good way of tracking how many flight hours you've spent and more...AirSource Website

It happens on pre-flight. Prior to puchback when I'm making flight planning on the FMC LEGS page.What you're talking about is a labour union... hahaha... A vrtual pilot union is an online organization of people. It's good way of tracking how many flight hours you've spent and more...AirSource Website
Ah. Thanks for the response. The last thing I need is a way to track my virtual hours. My god - my wife might find it and realize how much time I spend flying. It would be worse then when she found my RW logbook. <rimshot>As for your question, So, I'm assuming you're inputing a speed or crossing restriction for a SID or something. A couple options. 1)1) you have some input error where there isn't the right format.2) you have input a speed value that isn't possible b/c it exceeds (or is less than) a flyable speed. Alternatively, you didn't transfer to mach speed (or back) as you were transitioning. 3) You had too many zeros in the FLWithout a picture, these are guesses. I know I've had a few problems do these on descent, but I've been able to fix it by say keeping the speed constant and changing the altitude or vice-versa to isolate the problem.

Hi Roy, I believe it will give you that error when you have step climbs set. Default step size is ICAO. If you run into where you cannot change or modify your flight plan as you described, just set the "Step Size" on the "Perf INIT" page to 0 and you should be fine.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi Roy, I believe it will give you that error when you have step climbs set. Default step size is ICAO. If you run into where you cannot change or modify your flight plan as you described, just set the "Step Size" on the "Perf INIT" page to 0 and you should be fine.
I get your point... I will try out your suggestion on my next flight... Thanks! :(

I believe the real aircraft's FMC won't let you modify the cruise speeds/altitudes on the LEGS page anyway. You have to do it though other pages.Anyway, I'm sure this has been covered previously or is mentioned in the manual ;)Rgds.Q>