Sign in to follow this  
rebelion3011

You are the best...but

My friends of PMDG.You are the best of your kind...but i think you are anot very well managers.I say that because :1.747 was outstanding2.MD-11 outsatnding..but consider this .With MD-11 you can do probably the same flights as 747 .LONG DISTANCE FLIGHTS.3.More time to make 747-8...just an external add on...WHY?!? what have to offer4.J-41 The best of all three i believe ( Make a poll to see)5.You want to make 777....another big boeing aircraft why!!!! MAKE BETTER WITH ADD_ONS AND UPDATES THE OTHER ONE (747,MD11,J41)..6.737....i am and i think a lot more waiting for YEARS! I believe will be your best aircraft.Because this plane can fly anywhere you want in a country , but planes big as 747 or MD-11 cant.7.There is no good Airbus in the market...THINK THE PROFIT! Consider a country as an example Greece .Can yoy fly from LGAV to LGMK or anywhere else with 747 or MD-11.Most flights in Europe are with 737 ,A320 , and props.Only very long distance done with big .You have an excellant 747 , MD-11 Big onesYou have an excellant J-41 and maybe DASH-8Built an excellant 737 nad A320Dont spent time with big ones .....you have already!!That is my personal opinion..but why you dont make a poll with 2 division Customers of your company and non customers just to see with a diffrent eye. I was a manager,and some times the needs of my customers was diffrent than i thought!Some of us we are getting old.We all love this game! And for the end FSX is getting old consider building a new one with other partner companys...that will be a dream!Thanks(sorry fo my english)

Guest BlueRidgeDx

I think his argument boils down to: "Enough long-haul already. Short haul birds need luvin' too!"I can't say I disagree. I might have left off the bit about PMDG being sucky managers...but hey, thats just me.Would anybody actually HATE having a 717 or an RJ or that kind of thing? Just playing devil's advocate.I don't think he meant it the way it translated.

Well the fact of the matter is,PMDG have a very close relationship with Boeing Aircraft Co.This allows them to be privy to flight data for all Boeing aircraft,PMDG is developing or have developed most of the Boeing fleet with exception of the 767 and 757 which Level-D Simulations has done or are[the latter] presently in development.As I do not speak for PMDG this is only my opinion.

I just want to give my opinion on polls.I don't like them. The reason for this is my opinion on aircraft was always fairly close minded. I only liked the bigger boeings for the most part and Concorde. So as a PMDG customer, I spent 2 years flying only the Queen, then finally bought the MD-11 and my virtual world and outlook changed significantly. I can't wait to get the JS41 even though that too was never something I would normally get, but am very anxious to get it and learn it to the best of my ability. I only don't have it because I have the attention span of a grape, and I couldn't have it and not want to focus on only it. I still have way too much to catch up on, on the MD-11.That's just my opinion on polls...The rest I think I'll skip.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Yeah the managers comment was a un called for. I am personally really excited about all the upcoming realeses, but I think a BAE146 would be a fun little city hopper. And 4 engines to boot!

My friends The manager comment goes for the way they choose what aircraft and with what pririority (sorry for my English) comes first! I believe you are saying the same B717 ,RJ, BAe , and for the poll me answer is two polls. One for customers of PMDG and another one for all the other simmers. For the customers to see what they really want and what the really intend to buy and for the others just to see the trend of the simmers. I believe it is not such difficult for PMDG but they will come up and see many things with the results. They are charismatic , so MAYBE it is a way to divert the effort to something different ! Best regards

Consider a country as an example Greece .Can yoy fly from LGAV to LGMK or anywhere else with 747 or MD-11.
Why can't you fly from LGAV to LGMK with a 747? Last time I checked this was flight simulation. There is no rule anywhere that says you have to fly in your simulator where real airlines fly.I do TONS of tiny hops with the PMDG 747. CYWG to KMSP. KLAX to KSEA. CYVR to CYYC. KATL to KMCO. Or medium-haul flights like KMIA to KSFO or CYYZ to CYVR.PMDG can build whatver they want, I've been hoping for a 777 for a very long time and I cannot wait to get the big Boeing twin. I have the MD11 for FS9 but I just built a new computer and don't want to bother with FS9 anymore as FSX runs great on it. I didn't buy the combo MD11 which was stupid on my part so I might get it again eventually. Might be awhile though, with this 747-8, 737 and 777 coming up. I don't care much for the J41 or the Dash-8 but who knows, once I get bored or know the big ones inside and out I might go for one of those little guys.My point being, saying you can't do short haul flights with a 747 or MD11 is ridiculous. Any flight, distance-wise that you can do with a 737 or CRJ or anything else, you can do with a 747 or MD11 or 777. Just because it has long legs doesn't mean you have to use them.As for the manager comment, I'll just say I disagree and will leave it alone.Looking forward to your new projects PMDG, can't wait for the 777!Jeff Calder

Jeff Calder

Guest Heavy_Driver

Dont need, dont care about, airbus. Carry on.

Why can't you fly from LGAV to LGMK with a 747? Last time I checked this was flight simulation. There is no rule anywhere that says you have to fly in your simulator where real airlines fly.
True enough, but there is something somewhat ridiculous loading up a 747 for a hop from, say, O'Hare to Cleveland.As someone who loves jets but has limited time, I am looking forward to the NGX in ways I can't even mention.

Dont need, dont care about, airbus. Carry on.
Why ???Airbus make great planes with better and more advance systems. It also taking more order than Boeing since 2001.Benjamin

Airbus make great planes with better and more advance systems.
Airbus makes very good airplanes.But definitely you can't say they have 'better' or more 'advanced' systems.They are different than Boeing's but they represent the same exact sophistication on technology basis.There were serious articles written about it - let's not trivialize the subject.

let's not trivialize the subject.
Agreed, and BTW i was a little bit strong on my statement.I was kind of surprised that PMDG wanted to make a 777, why is this plane so great for some of you ?Benjamin

I was kind of surprised that PMDG wanted to make a 777, why is this plane so great for some of you ?
You should not be surprised - this airplane received probably most requests from PMDG customers.And it is not difficult to figure out why 777 might appeal to so many - to this date it is the most sophisticated Boeing aircraft(not counting the yet not certified 787). And 777 has enjoyed tremendous success among airlines.I personally always prefer turboprops, only offer opinion why others like the 777.

Why can't you fly from LGAV to LGMK with a 747? Last time I checked this was flight simulation. There is no rule anywhere that says you have to fly in your simulator where real airlines fly.I do TONS of tiny hops with the PMDG 747. CYWG to KMSP. KLAX to KSEA. CYVR to CYYC. KATL to KMCO. Or medium-haul flights like KMIA to KSFO or CYYZ to CYVR.PMDG can build whatver they want, I've been hoping for a 777 for a very long time and I cannot wait to get the big Boeing twin. I have the MD11 for FS9 but I just built a new computer and don't want to bother with FS9 anymore as FSX runs great on it. I didn't buy the combo MD11 which was stupid on my part so I might get it again eventually. Might be awhile though, with this 747-8, 737 and 777 coming up. I don't care much for the J41 or the Dash-8 but who knows, once I get bored or know the big ones inside and out I might go for one of those little guys.My point being, saying you can't do short haul flights with a 747 or MD11 is ridiculous. Any flight, distance-wise that you can do with a 737 or CRJ or anything else, you can do with a 747 or MD11 or 777. Just because it has long legs doesn't mean you have to use them.As for the manager comment, I'll just say I disagree and will leave it alone.Looking forward to your new projects PMDG, can't wait for the 777!Jeff Calder
My friend PMDG build aircrafts for hardcore users, i thing it because almost all the systems are acurate,and yes FSX is a flight sim....and if aircrafts of PMDG are hardcore then you must use it to SIMULATE not ARCADE as in real life flights and not making a trip of 150 miles with the 747 or MD-11.If you want to use it like this you can do it but you dont simulate ...you are playing ARCADE GAME..so you can play default airplanes which are for free!! Just think about it.Anyway i believe when NGX comes we will be all happy.For the airbus maybe PMDG dont have access to the data of the aircraft to simulate it so ..THEY KNOW BETTER.FOr the time we have an aircraft J-41 i believe PMDG buld more like this.A BAE-146 will be excellant!!Thanks