Sign in to follow this  
Guest getty

2nd monitor does not hold side view permanently ?

Guest getty

Hi all,I have recently switched from FS2000 to FS2004 (yes, finally) and I've a tough time getting my 2nd monitor/screen to hold the left side view. Hat switch and num-4 can switch the view temporarily to the side view, but will switch back to front view when done whereas in FS2000, side view stays there until it's switched back. Any advice is greatly appreciated !

Hi all,I have recently switched from FS2000 to FS2004 (yes, finally) and I've a tough time getting my 2nd monitor/screen to hold the left side view. Hat switch and num-4 can switch the view temporarily to the side view, but will switch back to front view when done whereas in FS2000, side view stays there until it's switched back. Any advice is greatly appreciated !
View Left is Control + Num 4. Control locks the view. In Assignments, if you change Look Left to Shift + Num 4, the num key will both set and lock the view.Alex Reid

Guest getty
View Left is Control + Num 4. Control locks the view. In Assignments, if you change Look Left to Shift + Num 4, the num key will both set and lock the view.Alex Reid
Alex,I just tried it and it worked ! Thanks for taking the time to answer this newbie question. It's people who like yourself that makes a forum work. Thanks again !Stan

Alex,I just tried it and it worked ! Thanks for taking the time to answer this newbie question. It's people who like yourself that makes a forum work. Thanks again !Stan
Glad to help. Have you considered using View Forward Left rather than View Left? With a simple adjustment in Panel Cfg, you can shift that view slightly to allow for the width of the monitor bezels. (Just like your car view out of the driver side window is shifted a few degrees from the driver windshield- the post/pillar of the car is the equiv. of your bezels!)The result is a "single" image, twice the width a standard FS view! Here is the result with three monitors.Alex Reid Coast Mtns @ Squamish, CYSE, British Columbia