Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

feelthere regional jets v2. to buy or not to buy

Hi,are these planes on par with pmdg stuff ? They do look good and also very detailed but being sold by wilco.....Thing is I'm not sure if I should take the plunge. If they are anything like the pmdg planes or the leveldsim 767 I'll go for it.If they are like rest of the wilco crapola I'm going to stay away .All info/opinions appreciated. ThanksVic

Hi,are these planes on par with pmdg stuff ? They do look good and also very detailed but being sold by wilco.....Thing is I'm not sure if I should take the plunge. If they are anything like the pmdg planes or the leveldsim 767 I'll go for it.If they are like rest of the wilco crapola I'm going to stay away .All info/opinions appreciated. ThanksVic
Wilco is the just the publisher/distributor FeelThere is the developer and the ERJV2 is top notch. For the money it has to be one of the best out there IMHO. A great price for a high quality AC. Just my .02,-P

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thanks for sharing your opinions.I do appreciate it.Scoob, I know that win 7 x64 is not supported. I happen to run win 7 x64 though. :(

I purchased the PIC ERJ package a couple weeks ago and I really like it. I have not used any PMDG products so I can't help you compare them, but FeelThere has done a really nice job with this aircraft.

I know that win 7 x64 is not supported. I happen to run win 7 x64 though. :(
most have no problems running win7 32 or win7 64. there are a minority of persons that have function faults or no success using the ERJ v2. most with a problem have a setup where -their win7 install is an update, not a clean install on a new HDtheir FS install is in the /programs directory (better to have FS in it's own directory; ex,: C:/FS)'UAC' is enabled during FS install and the ERJ installagain, no guarantees ... there continues to be a 'variation' between installs of win7 that has not yet been IDed that caused some addons not to work on some systems.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

most have no problems running win7 32 or win7 64. there are a minority of persons that have function faults or no success using the ERJ v2. most with a problem have a setup where -their win7 install is an update, not a clean install on a new HDtheir FS install is in the /programs directory (better to have FS in it's own directory; ex,: C:/FS)'UAC' is enabled during FS install and the ERJ installagain, no guarantees ... there continues to be a 'variation' between installs of win7 that has not yet been IDed that caused some addons not to work on some systems.--
my win 7 is a clean install and my fsx is in its own drive.However , if I buy it and it does not work here will I get a refund ? if not I will have pass for now.Thanks

Guest firehawk44
my win 7 is a clean install and my fsx is in its own drive.However , if I buy it and it does not work here will I get a refund ? if not I will have pass for now.Thanks
No refunds. However, I own it and have Windows 7 and have yet to see any issues. Best regards,Jim

Guest 413X3

until they fix the vc night lighting and yoke that gets in the way of the instruments, no thanks

They have removed the yoke if you so wish in SP1 and SP2, you just have to choose the versions with no yoke modelled from the aircraft selection list. Not buying the product because the night lighting doesn't meet your standards is cutting off your nose to spite your face in my opinion, you really are missing out on a fantastic aircraft. Trying to bully a developer by saying you aren't going to buy a product until they implement your demands isn't going to get you anywhere.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest hmstiger
They have removed the yoke if you so wish in SP1 and SP2, you just have to choose the versions with no yoke modelled from the aircraft selection list. Not buying the product because the night lighting doesn't meet your standards is cutting off your nose to spite your face in my opinion, you really are missing out on a fantastic aircraft. Trying to bully a developer by saying you aren't going to buy a product until they implement your demands isn't going to get you anywhere.
A fully dark, back-lit cockpit is not a luxury but a basic requirement in my book. I agree with the previous poster. I don't know a pilot who flies with the floods on, and I know a few who drive for the majors. So, I shall walk around without a nose and drive my truly excellent PMDG turobprop and MD 11, both of which have exemplar night lighting.

A fully dark, back-lit cockpit is not a luxury but a basic requirement in my book. I agree with the previous poster. I don't know a pilot who flies with the floods on, and I know a few who drive for the majors. So, I shall walk around without a nose and drive my truly excellent PMDG turobprop and MD 11, both of which have exemplar night lighting.
Buy it and you'll get both:1) Excellent simulation of the plane2) Your long-suffering nose back on your face :( Cheers,Dirk.

So, I shall walk around without a nose and drive my truly excellent PMDG turobprop and MD 11, both of which have exemplar night lighting.
Careful you don't walk into anything with all the lights off you'll hurt yourself :( :( :( B)

Cheers, Andy.

Folks,I couldn't help myself and bought it.Not too happy.It does look good but fps wise it sucks big time. I get single digits with this plane whereas with the pmdg md11+747 and also the leveld 767 I'm right smooth and high frame rates.Oh well $46 out the window. Live and learn :(