Sign in to follow this  
Chris Willis

Getting worried re: FS2004

I know what you mean.I am absolutly PETRIFIED because i've got WinME: The center of nearly ALL problems of this game. :-boom :-boom :-boom :-boomAll of these posts have turned me right off!!!Although, I am brave man. I gonna give it a go. :-)GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISIONS!!!! Cheers,Greg Wills The gregster has landed! :-wave

Greg Wills

sfo_a320.png

EASA Commercial Pilot License | Multi Engine / Instrument Rating | Flight Instructor | ATPL Theoretical Knowledge Instructor

It's usually the "problem" postings that get written. The other 95% are making screensot's or just flying it. I wouldn't compare it to FS2000, or even CFS3........... whatsoever! L.Adamson

Greg: Couple of months ago I upgraded my "puter with some more ram and Win XP. Full version, not the upgrade. The 'puter shop sold me an oem version of XP home for about $130, which I thought was a great deal. Only problem is MS will not offer support for it. Had some problems, finally got things working. If I had to do it again, I would get the retail version just for the support. I've had good luck with MS Support before, and with this situation we find ourselves in re: FS2004, having that to fall back on would be another "bullet" in the old computer arsenal. We shall see. Blue Skies!

Guest otter55

14+ hrs of troublefree performance and counting.not one glitch so far.don

Guest Joshieca

I have been using it for a few months now and I hardly had any trouble at all. The only thing I have ran into was with one beta copy when the textures didn't install properly and I had to reinstall the program. The other thing was a strange barometric pressure reading while flying, it went down to like 23.33 -- can we say below a hurricane level. :) But other than that it has worked flawless.Most of your problems will occur when you try to install and/or copy over third party aircraft and expansion packs. Most of these problems will be solved once your software developers create patches for them to work properly in FS2004. The best thing I can recommend doing is just install the software, try it out, make sure it works well for you. Then go back and little by little add your programs and add-ons. Troubleshoot them that way, you will find out which one's are causing failures in the simulator. I would highly recommend that you do not copy over any of the .bgl files until a suitable editor is made to handle these files. Some thing as simple as coping over your traffic.bgl file from FS2002 can cause the simulator to crash, simply because of a few minor changes that need to be made to that file. Bottom line -- the simulator works fine, it's the third party add-on's which are the cause of most of the trouble with-in the simulator. And in that case -- you should be contacting your software creator and asking when it will be fixed.- Josh[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/STO/]Visit The Bookstore & Gift Shoppe][/b

Guest Joshieca

>Hi,> Absolutly not, only some WinMe wich have problwm with others>prodcut either, and some driver from ati for now, everything>else is fine, the fs2004 release is better then fs2002 was at>that`s time.>Windows ME is a horrible operating system...anyone who is still running that POS shouldn't be playing games, much less using a computer. :D

I concur with all; if you have Windows ME (which I do) you are in for problems.Read my thread titled

Guest Tim_mx

Those reporting problems should also tell:Are graphics card drivers up to date?Remember if you are using the latest drivers ATI/nVidia probably still need to tweak their drivers a bit more for FS2004.Are chipset drivers up to date?These are often neglected and can have a huge impact on your system.Are sound drivers up do date?How 'clean' is your OS overall? ...and so on.This would make things much clearer.

>Fs2004 use the directx 8 and 9, So the gforce2 and the Gforce4>MX, do not support fs2004 correctly.Well that can't be true. I've got directX 8 and a geforce 2 MX. :-hmmmCheers,Greg WillsThe gregster has landed! :-wave

Greg Wills

sfo_a320.png

EASA Commercial Pilot License | Multi Engine / Instrument Rating | Flight Instructor | ATPL Theoretical Knowledge Instructor

Greg - You'll need to check this but I think Chris' right when he says the GF2 MX could be a problem with FS2004. It's a DX7-compliant card and, as such, had some issues even with FS2002. The work-around for reflections is an example. With the advent of DX9 for FS2004 it's possible (probable? certain?) that there will be problems again with DX7 cards. I'd be surprised if the reflections issue doesn't rear it's ugly head again. Maybe others as well. Anyway, it's worth watching the forums to see what develops.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.