Sign in to follow this  
N738NM

Get Rid of Snow & Rain Spray

I like to fly small props and in this time of year FSX thinks that taxiways and runways are covered with meltwater. I was taxiing in a thick cloud of mist. Very anoying, at least for small aircraft.

Reading this thread I was confused with all that hassle going on. There should be easier ways. I came up with two: Rename or Reduce.

The responsable file is FSX/Effects/fx.WheelSnowSpray.fx. With this file you can do one of the following two things:

1. Rename the fx file, for example to fx.WheelSnowSpray.fx.old. There will be no spray anymore. And you can always change back when needed.

2. Reduce the spray. Open de fx file with Notepad, but backup first. Go to the [Emitter.0] header and change the Rate value in Rate=10.00, 20.00. Do the same under header [Emitter.1]. The spray is still there but is reduced now.

This is what helped me and I hope it will help you too.

Good luck and Blue Skies.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen5-2400G/RTX2080/RAM16Gb