Sign in to follow this  
DaryllB25840

Water in FS 2004!

Guest Hanse_1

Hi!I just installed FS 2004! here in Sweden on 26 July!, wow!.....but the water really looks like ####.Has anyone noticed yet, and does anyone have a tip about changing?I tried my FS 2002 water/ocean textures, but it all looks the same.Grateful for tips and ideas........Thanks!Hans HermanssonSWEDEN

There is such a wide range of water textures, that I find it tough to just say it looks like---------- :)So I'm also wondering about your settings, etc.A few examples, and there are still many other variations.

I found the water to look like ice unless I put it down to the lowest setting. I like the water sorta blue.

Guest product

What are the settings in JPEG 2 above? That looks pretty real to me.Best,Joel

After what i know, people with videocard that don't support DirctX 9, has problem with the water in FS2004....Stian

terrain & water -- highwater detail -- lowIf water is moved up, the other slider will move down.

Guest WF443

Stian:According to rumours, the water textures has nothing to do with DX9. some people with GF3 cards has no problems with the effect, so i guess there are some cards with problems, but not with DX issues.RegardsBj

Hi, "After what i know, people with videocard that don't support DirctX 9, "It's not that's, the only problem can occur with reflection are the gforce2 and the gforce4Mx, all others should works, there is some performance advantage from card that's supports DX9, like Nforce card but nothing more than that's. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi, Like Larry said and add this, fs2004 have water color according to the area and have depth, also it may change with the reflection, so you will notice different water color and depht from area, the water is improved over fs2002.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest CargoMun

I have yet to see water that looks anything like the #3 and 4 pics - the really light blue wavey version. Mine looks more or less like waterperfect from fs2002...I seriously hope that a GeForce 4 Ti4600 is able to show these otherwise allow me to feel cheated by screenshots posted :(

Hi, "I have yet to see water that looks anything like the #3 and 4 pics - the really light blue wavey version. Mine looks more or less like waterperfect from fs2002..."These appears at dusk and dawn with the reflection enabledAlso see this my water fs2004 video with my system, Asus Gforce4 TI 4200 128 meg.Water Video at Dusk BumpMapping. 1.50mb http://fsw.simflight.com/fs2k4/water.wmv 5.30mb http://fsw.simflight.com/fs2k4/water2.wmv _http://fsw.simflight.com/fs2k4/sky1/Image25.jpg__http://fsw.simflight.com/fs2k4/sky1/Image32.jpg_ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

I have an NVIDA 440MX card. I didn't have any reflections for chrome surfaces or for water reflections even when I had oceanstx & oceansfx installed. I had to download gf4mxdsp and put it into my main FS 2002 root folder. This is a display.cfg file by Scott Jelinek, it turns on the reflections for the MX cards. I am interested to see if I will have to do this for FS2004.