Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikaelCedergren

VFR ATC and airspace

Guest MikaelCedergren

HiThis is important if RC5 is for me or not. Will it support VFR flights without filing a flightplan like default FSX ATC and real world flying, allowing me to contact the appropriate controller only when entering their airspace class B,C,D, or must I follow a strics path flying from A to B for it to work (Flight simulator adventure like if you will).Also will the ATC boundaries for each class of airspace be up to date and realistic like real world when it comes to frequecy and location. If not, can we somehow edit the airspace boundaries and frequencies ourselves? I understand of course that there is a lot of airspace in the world so perhaps it's a too big of a task to get all the airspace correct but a tool to do it ourselves woudl be nice.Thanks/Michael

HiThis is important if RC5 is for me or not. Will it support VFR flights without filing a flightplan like default FSX ATC and real world flying, allowing me to contact the appropriate controller only when entering their airspace class B,C,D, or must I follow a strics path flying from A to B for it to work (Flight simulator adventure like if you will).Also will the ATC boundaries for each class of airspace be up to date and realistic like real world when it comes to frequecy and location. If not, can we somehow edit the airspace boundaries and frequencies ourselves? I understand of course that there is a lot of airspace in the world so perhaps it's a too big of a task to get all the airspace correct but a tool to do it ourselves woudl be nice.Thanks/Michael
you will have to file a provisional flight plan, in case you switch from vfr to ifr while you are in flight.i'm not sure i will be able to manage all the airspaces in the world. right now i handle the enroute centers around the world. but whether i will do the inverted wedding cake type airspaces around some airports, may have to wait.jd

Guest MikaelCedergren

Ok as I understand from you reply I can take off using RC5 without a flight plan and check in with controllers as I go, and only will need to file a flight plan if I for some reason need to change from VFR to a IFR flight. If so then I am absolutely a potential customer :-) The VFR freedom of not having to fly from A to B is important in my flight simulator flying.Cheers/Michael

Ok as I understand from you reply I can take off using RC5 without a flight plan and check in with controllers as I go, and only will need to file a flight plan if I for some reason need to change from VFR to a IFR flight. If so then I am absolutely a potential customer :-) The VFR freedom of not having to fly from A to B is important in my flight simulator flying.Cheers/Michael
you have to file the provisional flight plan before starting your flight with rcv5. if you know you are going from a to b, vfr, you will still need to file a flight plan from a to b. it may only include one checkpoint near b.if you want to take off, fly around, and land at the same airport, then your flight plan might be a to a with a checkpoint near a as your last checkpoing.if you are going to fly from a to b, do some touch and go's at b, and then fly back to a, then you might have a flight plan from a to b (with maybe a checkpoint near :(, and then to a (with maybe a checkpoint near a)jd

But as I understand even though you might not be ablr to implement every airspace in the world we will still have VFR radar service such as flight following and the like?

But as I understand even though you might not be ablr to implement every airspace in the world we will still have VFR radar service such as flight following and the like?
absolutely.