Sign in to follow this  
helberger

FPS problem in 2D mode

Hi,I have my fps locked at 26 and normally it stays there exept in large airports, what isstrange is after I start FS, load a default, then switch to an addon aircraft, the fpsin 2D are ok, but as soon as I go to the VC or spot view and then back into 2D, the FPS will dropto 9-10 fps and stay there. I noticed this problem mostly with the feelthere ERJ145 V2 but to amuch lesser degree with the PMDG Md11.Using the latest NV drivers, using 2 H/d, one for OS, the other justfor FS, keep it defragged. I use UTX, GEX, REX, UT2, etc.Any ideas what could cause this???Thanks,Helmut

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Guest firehawk44
Hi,I have my fps locked at 26 and normally it stays there exept in large airports, what isstrange is after I start FS, load a default, then switch to an addon aircraft, the fpsin 2D are ok, but as soon as I go to the VC or spot view and then back into 2D, the FPS will dropto 9-10 fps and stay there. I noticed this problem mostly with the feelthere ERJ145 V2 but to amuch lesser degree with the PMDG Md11.Using the latest NV drivers, using 2 H/d, one for OS, the other justfor FS, keep it defragged. I use UTX, GEX, REX, UT2, etc.Any ideas what could cause this???Thanks,Helmut
You're putting a lot of stress on your CPU by making modifications like you discussed in one session. You might move your FPS slider to unlimited and see if that helps. I have seen this too whenever I change from a small aircraft to a helicopter in one session. When I had a 32 bit system, I saw spikes and sometimes CTD's. I think it's best that you completely close down FSX, restart and load another aircraft.Best regards,Jim

You're putting a lot of stress on your CPU by making modifications like you discussed in one session. You might move your FPS slider to unlimited and see if that helps. I have seen this too whenever I change from a small aircraft to a helicopter in one session. When I had a 32 bit system, I saw spikes and sometimes CTD's. I think it's best that you completely close down FSX, restart and load another aircraft.Best regards,Jim
Thanks for the Reply, changing to fps unlimited makes no difference, just used the default 737 and see the same problem.Having to go to spot view on the ground should not cause the FPS in 2D to drop like this, I always had higher fpsin 2D than in vc or spot view, so there must be a botlle neck somewhere, never had this problem before.I wonder if my VC is backing it in??.Helmut

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Guest firehawk44
Thanks for the Reply, changing to fps unlimited makes no difference, just used the default 737 and see the same problem.Having to go to spot view on the ground should not cause the FPS in 2D to drop like this, I always had higher fpsin 2D than in vc or spot view, so there must be a botlle neck somewhere, never had this problem before.I wonder if my VC is backing it in??.Helmut
You do know there was a bug found in the latest Nvidia drivers, 196.21, which prevented GPU overclocking? Nvidia has issued a beta until new WHQL drivers can be released. Don't know if you have your GPU overclocked but this could be the problem. Have you tried to rename your FSX.cfg to fsx.old, restarted the sim, and run fsx on the default settings? I think you might have one or two sliders up too high. You should not be getting a drop in FPS in 2d mode with default aircraft so something is wrong with your installation.Best regards,Jim