Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

C185 Pilot's Guide

Guest BeaverDriver

OK, I've started on the Pilot's Guide to the C185. This might take a day or two to write (it's going to be a bit bigger than I first thought) so please bear with me. I may make this as a download, so I'll update you as I get more done. I also want to fire a copy off to Carenado first for their records. This isn't going to affect (likely) how they model the aircraft as this is more about "after" the aircraft is in your hands, but out of respect and appreciation for them for doing the 185 and 206, I feel they should have the first copy.Anyway, I will keep you posted and it will be done just as soon as I can get it to you. Thanks for your patience :( .

Lookin forward very much to this.A download would be appreciated if ya can/would.Thank you again for your efforts and willingness to help and encourage us :(

Guest BeaverDriver
Try this link for the genuine 1975 Cessna A185F Owners Manual ......http://www.agplane.nl/manuals/cessna/185skywagon/index.htmlPete.
Cool, thanks for this. The POH with the Carenado 185 is also a real manual photocopied. Just a side note, what I'm doing isn't a manual per se, but more, "this is how you actually fly the airplane" type of thing. Manuals don't tell you that, just what the numbers are :( .Thanks again for the link - that's neat.

OK, I've started on the Pilot's Guide to the C185. This might take a day or two to write (it's going to be a bit bigger than I first thought) so please bear with me. I may make this as a download, so I'll update you as I get more done. I also want to fire a copy off to Carenado first for their records. This isn't going to affect (likely) how they model the aircraft as this is more about "after" the aircraft is in your hands, but out of respect and appreciation for them for doing the 185 and 206, I feel they should have the first copy.Anyway, I will keep you posted and it will be done just as soon as I can get it to you. Thanks for your patience :( .
That will be awsome! I am new to the taildragger world. I can grease the runway with a tri-gear, but the 185 is a whole new ball game. Looking forward to this for sure. Thanks!

I'm pleased you find the manual useful.While you guys are enjoying the 185 in FSX spare a thought for us with FS2004.We're still hoping with much anticipation to get our hands on the Skywagon.Pete.

If it helps, here is a way to get better performance from fsx!

It is supposed to boost fsx frames quite a bit! worth a try!

If it helps, here is a way to get better performance from fsx!
It is supposed to boost fsx frames quite a bit! worth a try!
From what I understand, this is recommended for default FSX textures only. It does nasty things to REX, for example. Cheers, Fritz

I'm happy to hear that someone is creating an actual pilot's guide. Manuals are good, but it really helps to have a more informal document discussing how you really fly the beast. :(

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit