Sign in to follow this  
gr8av8r

Simultaneous AI Aircraft Flashing Beacons

I have flown and enjoyed FS9 since it was first released. I recently re-installed it on my new computer and set up several AI traffic files. Upon landing this evening, I noticed that the flashing beacons on the AI aircraft waiting for take off all flash at the same time. I recall reading a post on AVSIM a long time ago about modifying an effects file or config file to get the flashing beacons on the AI aircraft to flash at different rates. Hope I'm not imagining that. If someone can steer me in the right direction I would be most grateful! Thanks in advance!

I have flown and enjoyed FS9 since it was first released. I recently re-installed it on my new computer and set up several AI traffic files. Upon landing this evening, I noticed that the flashing beacons on the AI aircraft waiting for take off all flash at the same time. I recall reading a post on AVSIM a long time ago about modifying an effects file or config file to get the flashing beacons on the AI aircraft to flash at different rates. Hope I'm not imagining that. If someone can steer me in the right direction I would be most grateful! Thanks in advance!
You need a download called asynchronous strobes effects from the library

Peter Schluter

Hi,There was a file here in the library that does that. Someone will know the name of it. OR you can edit the proper .fx file. Someone will come along that knows.

asyncstr.zip on flightsim.com
Found the file and that fixes the problem! THANKS!! I appreciate the help!!