Sign in to follow this  
WebbPA

Will I be able to run both FS2002 and 2004COF?

Guest ScottPilot

Hello,I was just wondering if any of you think there will be any problems having both FS2002 and 2004 installed at the same time on my computer?I will have them on different hard drive partitions. I have so many FS2002 add-ons and it is tweaked perfectly, that I don't want to remove it.Do any of you think that there will be any problems using both versions? (Not at the same time of course)Thanks!ScottATP/CFII - KCOS

I haven't experienced any problems.FS2002 is going to be on my box for the forseeable future. It's going to take quite a while to tweak FS2004 and transfer all the addons.

Guest ScottPilot

Mine too, for the same reasons.Thanks for the reply!Happy simming!Scott :-)ATP/CFII - KCOS

From what I understand, there's no need for separate HD partitions - 2004 installs to a completely separate folder.Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest CargoMun

They are connected in ONE way or another i believe. Funny/wierd story about this yesterday i was flying in FS2002 doing a landing and encountered the ever popular crash with the MS error report crap popping up and FS closing.Right so i forgot all about it and did something else and then a few hours later i fired up FS9 and when the screen was black and loading of textures began LOW AND BEHOLD the previous screen of my landing in FS2002 (panel view) was in the background. REALLY odd. FS9 opened up correctly though and worked flawlessly.SO wether its a graphic card problem, cache problem or something differnt i dont know but in this case there WAS a connection between the two sims :D

Could be a registry thing but my registry shows them as Flight Simulator 2002 and Flight Simulator 2004.