Sign in to follow this  
brian747

747-8i - first impressions

Hi PMDG!Apologies for the generic form of address, but I just wanted to thank everyone involved for a remarkable upgrade to my enjoyment of your 747 product, which still remains my favourite in spite of the individual and different pleasures of the MD11 and J41. Having installed the 8i expansion (including half a dozen additional liveries which will take some time to explore, but which all look stunning from a brief inspection) and got her into the air and safely back to London Heathrow, I have to say that the thing which I noticed most of all was probably the sound, which is remarkable. Next up, of course, the wing flex

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

My first impressions are also great! One question - I receive some cautions as FSX loads - "Multiple objects with the same name: PMDG 747 8i PMDG House Livery - Simobjects\Airplanes\PMDG747-400" and similar message for the PMDG747-400F. Is this to be expected or has something gone "south" in the download? Thanks! Doug Craven

My first impressions are also great! One question - I receive some cautions as FSX loads - "Multiple objects with the same name: PMDG 747 8i PMDG House Livery - Simobjects\Airplanes\PMDG747-400" and similar message for the PMDG747-400F. Is this to be expected or has something gone "south" in the download? Thanks! Doug Craven
Hi,Check the aircraft config for the aircraft. you most like have a double entry for the same livery. May take a look a the bottom of the file.Rob Roberson

Thanks Rob, you were "right on" in your analysis. I somehow had two identical entries for the 747-8i (both freight & passenger).Two things caught my attention very quickly with this addition:(1) the amount of wing flex takes my breath away!(2) watching the antimated pilots...cute!Doug Craven

nice work...... I too find the wing flex amazing, and the detail in the 3d engines - wow. With these being the 787 engines 1/4 of the work is already started, when can we expect to see it......lol j/k.keep up the great work.waiting for the 737...wildwally

You guys do know there's a 747-8 subforum, don't you?I'm not sure an updated external model and a few new sounds are worth $25. I'll keep chugging along with the MD11 and the 744X - I'm far from a master on those as it is.-Mike

Next up, of course, the wing flex

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier