Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Localiser 31 L JFK

Hi,Flying the Tutorial 5 I find that if I set the 2 VORs and Heading at 315 the plane lands to the right of 31 on the taxiway.If I set all 3 to 314 I have no problems.Anyone has an explanation?Thanks, :(

Hi,Flying the Tutorial 5 I find that if I set the 2 VORs and Heading at 315 the plane lands to the right of 31 on the taxiway.If I set all 3 to 314 I have no problems.Anyone has an explanation?Thanks, :(
All 3 ? There are only two Nav radios and two course settings.What scenery are you using for JFK ? Have a look in map view or use AFCAD2.1 to look at the afcad and make sure the ILS course is the same as what you dial into the course setting.

Peter Schluter

All 3 ? There are only two Nav radios and two course settings.What scenery are you using for JFK ? Have a look in map view or use AFCAD2.1 to look at the afcad and make sure the ILS course is the same as what you dial into the course setting.
Hi,I have copied the tutorial instructions from the manualset both VOR/LOC selectors to 315 for runway 31L Page 95set HDG to 315 Page98 I am just using the default scenery.Using the World Tab, Map details of 31L the ILS heading is listed as 314.

Ok. Always set the HDG/CRS settings to what FS9 shows, and you should be ok.Magnetic headings change over time. When FS9 was written the HDG was 314, and is now 315. if you use an addon scenery for KJFK it will probably have a HDG of 315.Again just go by what the map/AFCAD says.

Peter Schluter

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.