Sign in to follow this  
Andr3as

747-8i and 8F frontwheel Problem

Hi,first of all: A Great extension!But i have the following problem. When i'm steering to the left or right (about 8 knots groundspeed) the backwheels will steer but the frontwheel will lock into position... I made this picture to show it (this failure happens with every 800 livery)...Andy

Hi,first of all: A Great extension!But i have the following problem. When i'm steering to the left or right (about 8 knots groundspeed) the backwheels will steer but the frontwheel will lock into position... I made this picture to show it (this failure happens with every 800 livery)...Andy
I noticed this also, if you increase your taxi speed the wheels will 'snap' to the correct angle and all is normal. I'm sure it's an easy fix.

Is there any specific conditions this is occurring under? I just tried it myself with all the 400 and -8 variants and could not reproduce this, the nosewheel turned fine.Why is there smoke coming off your gear in these pics?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

It's happening to me also with the 747-8i since that is what I've flew tonight. The front wheels will lock when taxiing while slowing down and starting a turn. They seem too snap and lock. Increase speed and turn the wheels again and it straightens out.pAtbQuadcore Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650, 3GHZ | Intel DX38BT | 8GB RAM DDR3 | NVidia GeForce 8800 GT | WIN7 x64 | FS X Acceleration

For what it's worth, auto coordination/rudder turned on? I had that problem with the -400 only to find out I had the coupled rudder checked. When I turned my yoke, the nose wheel turned. When I pressed the pedals, the nose wheel behaved erratically. I unchecked the option and life was good .... other than feeling shame for flying so long with that turned on. :)Just a guess, but maybe.BobKMEM

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Hi,1) i have this "smoke" on wet or iced run- and taxiways (also on other Aircrafts)... I think its a kind of dirt which will be blown up.2) "coordination/rudder" -> is OFF (was OFF ;) )3) This never happend in the 747-400 VersionsAndy

Are you guys using any FSUIPC customization to your controls? I tried in vain again to reproduce this - I can't, the nosewheel always turns for me. (no one in beta saw this either)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan,i'm useing FSUIPC (newest Version - Freeware - no control cusumization), FSCrew for PMDG747, AES and ActiveSky X. I will try to fix it and post my suggestion.Andy

Hi All, Same issue here, with W7 64 "coordination/rudder" -> is OFFThis never happened in the 747-400 VersionsI'm using FSUIPC but no control custumizationFront wheel don't turn whatever the taxi speed is, but back wheels are moving rightLouis Perrin

Ok, I just checked it out and I noticed that when making a left turn the front wheels turn left but the main gear turns right!!! Is that the correct way? Maybe I'm too stupid but I expected both wheels to turns in the same direction, left in this caseI use W7/64Bit with FSUIPC 4.53 (not registered) and FSX/Accel, autorudder off.Rainer OberstEDDL

Rainero

Ok, I just checked it out and I noticed that when making a left turn the front wheels turn left but the main gear turns right!!! Is that the correct way? Maybe I'm too stupid but I expected both wheels to turns in the same direction, left in this caseI use W7/64Bit with FSUIPC 4.53 (not registered) and FSX/Accel, autorudder off.Rainer OberstEDDL
Rainer, This is normal, this is how it works on the real 747, the body gears turn opposite of the nose gear turn to prevent the body gear from scrubbing if it was left straight (would make turns tougher).Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

This issue is really begginning to bug me :( Has anyone found a solution yet?

No solution, I tried to uninstall - reinstall ... same issue. I tried to reinstall without uninstalling (kind of repear), after doing this, both front and rear wheels were not moving.One question to PMDG team: have you been able to reproduce this bug at the moment? Louis Perrin