Sign in to follow this  
Guest morpheous

final approach vectors to far from airport

Guest morpheous

HelloI've noticed that the last 4 times I've flown with RC I've been given final approach vectors to capture the localized to far from the airport, the localizer never comes alive and I end up over shooting the approach until I disconnect the AP and fly back toward the runway. I fly the PMDG J41 and have in the past had success using RC and approach vectors to the ILS runway, but the last flights to Hilton Head, Jacksonville, Tampa and Miami, I've been turned to final some 25 miles plus from the runway, out of reach of the localizer and as I say I never capture it. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have the Approach button armed and ready to capture but nothing happens.thanksMorpheous.

HelloI've noticed that the last 4 times I've flown with RC I've been given final approach vectors to capture the localized to far from the airport, the localizer never comes alive and I end up over shooting the approach until I disconnect the AP and fly back toward the runway. I fly the PMDG J41 and have in the past had success using RC and approach vectors to the ILS runway, but the last flights to Hilton Head, Jacksonville, Tampa and Miami, I've been turned to final some 25 miles plus from the runway, out of reach of the localizer and as I say I never capture it. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have the Approach button armed and ready to capture but nothing happens.thanksMorpheous.
this almost always happens on a straight in approach. here's how to handle itwatch the fsuipc window, top line. it shows you the bearing to the airport. you know the heading of the runway you are landing on.when you are 25 miles out, and told to join the localizer, but you're not recieving it, watch the bearing to the airport. when it is +/- five degrees of the runway heading, turn to the runway heading. stay on that heading until the localizer comes alive. then adjust left or right until the localizer is centered.jd

Guest jvasto

Ok, I'll give that a try.Will this be the case in next version aswell?thanksMorpheous

Ok, I'll give that a try.Will this be the case in next version aswell?thanksMorpheous
there will be changes to this type of approach.you can also request an iap approach, and fly a published approach if you want, today.jd