Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoarPics

FS2004 Water color

I just installed Fs2004. Im very happy with it. However I fly a lot in the NY area and noticed the water looks light blue like water would in the south pacific or caribean islands. Not like water in NYC (dark and dirty). I was wondering if I had something set wrong or if that was just the way it is. My system is P.4 3.2, Geforce 5800. Thanks for any help.Rob

Guest SoarPics

Hi Rob,Welcome to Avsim... hate to tell you this, but you'll need more computer!!! LOL :-) Serouisly, you've got a nice computer to run this sim. Try setting your "Water Effects" slider all the way to the left. You'll loose the bump mapping effects, but they're hard to notice at altitude anyway. And they make a pretty nasty framerate hit.Good luck,

Guest dpc

Nope, nothing wrong with your system. I must agree with you. I live up in NH. The water along the east coast just ain't that color. Ever.However, as with FS2002, I'm sure some artist will come up with good water color changes for FS2004. The creative process is just beginning on this sim. Lot's to look forward to.Dave

Guest SoarPics

Hi Chris,I've played with the Water Effects a bit, but so far I'm inclined to leave it off. Your shot above looks great, but the water will have the same hue even if you look straight down. This is the part my eye finds unrealistic. Plus, the frame rate hit is rather high on my system... I prefer to put those resources elsewhere. I'll no doubt continue to tweak some more.To each his own... the best thing is that the sim has lots of choices for tweaking.Regards,