Sign in to follow this  
jwenham

Who is the boss?

Does RC actually control AI traffic or are the instructions comming from FSX's ATC engine? The reason I ask is that I use Ultimate Traffic 2 and now that I can run a @#$% load of traffic in areas like KATL, KORD, ect ect, I am having problems with traffic crossing a runway to taxi to the gate after it lands. There seems to be enough time for it to do it but they will sit and wait till there are no more at the hold line ready to take off. Hopefully I made sense with my description. Thanks, Jim

Jim Wenham

RC4 only controls AI traffic on the ground when you are on final to avoid runway encroachment. Other than that it is the FS AI engine.To relieve congestion on approach and take-off queues try AISmooth version 1.20 in the FSX library (works on FS9 too). The file name is aismooth_v120.zip in FSX Utilities. By separating AI on final the AI might sandwich in between arrivals and also give you an opportunity to cross.RC4 will not give runway crossing holds or issue the crossing clearance.

Does RC actually control AI traffic or are the instructions comming from FSX's ATC engine? The reason I ask is that I use Ultimate Traffic 2 and now that I can run a @#$% load of traffic in areas like KATL, KORD, ect ect, I am having problems with traffic crossing a runway to taxi to the gate after it lands. There seems to be enough time for it to do it but they will sit and wait till there are no more at the hold line ready to take off. Hopefully I made sense with my description. Thanks, Jim
for the most part fs is controlling the ai. i only take control during three phases of flight.1) when you are at departure airport, when the ai start taxiing into position and hold, i stop them, call them, tell them to taxi into position and hold, and then release them. also when they start they're take off roll, i stop them, tell them they are cleared for take off, and then let them go2) enroute, if an ai is going to cause a conflict with you, i change their heading so they can't cause a conflict. when they are no longer going to cause a conflict, i return them to their original heading3) on arrival tower, if the ai in front of you is going to slow, i speed them up, and vector them out of the way. if the ai behind you is going to fast, i slow them down.

RC4 only controls AI traffic on the ground when you are on final to avoid runway encroachment. Other than that it is the FS AI engine.To relieve congestion on approach and take-off queues try AISmooth version 1.20 in the FSX library (works on FS9 too). The file name is aismooth_v120.zip in FSX Utilities. By separating AI on final the AI might sandwich in between arrivals and also give you an opportunity to cross.RC4 will not give runway crossing holds or issue the crossing clearance.
Ron,Where is FSX Library? I checked AVSIM they dont have "aismooth_v120.zip in' file.ThanksSanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"