Sign in to follow this  
Guest CargoMun

Are the gripes in FS2002 ironed out in FS2004 ???

Guest xoio

Hi AllWith all the building hype surrounding FS2004, does anyone know whether Micro$oft have addressed the various 'Gripes' that have been noted in FS2002? Things like the harsh way cloud layers are drawn as a cutoff line when visibility is reduced. Or the poor way clouds deal with mountains poke through with nasty jaged edges.How about the poor way AI aircraft behave....? (climbing at 11000ft per min etc & flying way too fast?) Or dissappearing into thin air after landing etc etc.....What about the AI sounds... instead of that dull 'drone' that sounds more like a Vacuum cleaner.... Lets hear the enging & prop pitches change... Reverse thrust kick in & when starting up & shutting down .. we hear that too, instead of sudden silence...How about their Nav lights? for some strange reason... Lights in AI craft only appeared when FS2002 decided it was officially dusk etc... During the day.. Your own craft was the only one showing lighting.... Is this Fixed???Is crashing & breaking up finally modelled properly? At least in a way that FU3 used to. (which while dated by todays standards, was far more gut wrenching & made you want to behave yourself.)How about more dramatic Storm rendering... Again remembering FU3.. being in the middle of a storm was truely a violent & extreme experience. (FS2004 needs to have the clouds light up & even the whole screen flash when lightning erupts!!!!! along with the aircraft & other objects!.... Will they now???)I'm sure many more people have many more examples of feasible improvements.... Have MS listenned to their customers & delivered in FS2004???Look forward to your responcesAl

>Is crashing & breaking up finally modelled properly? At least>in a way that FU3 used to. Would that be "with" or "without" you.......... in the aircraft?What's modelled properly-- when you don't feel it, or take some kind of financial loss?Ladamson

Guest xoio

Sorry Only interested in polite answers ... not sarcastic ones.The question is referring to whether in the latest version of FS will the aircraft do more than just stupidly stick out of the ground like paper darts.

I'll bet you'll get polite answers when you start asking polite questions.Bob

Guest H_Kev55

IMHO, what you're going to see is an improvement in all those areas mentioned, but, there are always going to be some people who thought that it still could have been done better.I attribute this to people have too great an expectation of the sim.Is it perfect...NO Is it better...HECK YES.If you don't intend to buy FS9 right away, simply read the hundreds of posts and replys made by the beta testers.KJhttp://fsgateway.com/frank/fs9paibeta.jpg

Al, KJ is right. In some aspects it's going to be better and in some others not. I just got FS2k4 loaded and only started to discover it, but I don't have any answer to your questions yet. I only made one flight with it. Today we have our children and grandchildren at home, so I'll to wait until this coming evening, european time before I can put my hands on the yoke again.JJ StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgiumhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Guest BrianC

Perhaps it was all the multiple punctuation. People tend to interpret all the extra characters with emphasis--that is, with heightened emotion and more demand from the author!Is this fixed?Is this fixed???Don't you agree????Reader is on the defensive!!!!!

Maybe it was Brian. We are all coming from different parts of the world and write with different cultural backgrounds, and I understand that many people in the U.S. and other parts of the world have never been exposed to a different culture, but maybe we shouldn't immediately slam back without turning our fingers 7 times over our keyboard (in french we use to say that we shouldn't speak before turning our tongue 7 times in our mouth). O.k. that was just an old grand-pa's advice and you have the right to disagree with me.JJ StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgiumhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Guest edrutl

Al,There are tons of improvements, it seems I find a new cool feature every flight. But to address some of your questions - Visibility is improved. No more line of clear sky below the clouds. Clouds, fog, haze, etc are excellent and much more realistic. No more popping out of the clouds in poor weather to perfect visibility.There are reports of cumulus clouds starting below ground in high altitude areas. I haven't seen it yet. I flew two flights over the rockies and didn't see the old jaggies. But I was flying with real weather and it was relatively clear.All AI aircraft I've seen flew normally (no strange climbs or dissapearing into thin air.)Haven't observed AI sounds.AI aircraft have their nav lights on at all times. Airport lights are on during the day when the weather is poor.Like FS2002, you can adjust the cfg file to model real damage. It is off by default.Storms are much improved with cloud to cloud lightening, and better sounds. Regular turbulance is improved. You get the sense of mild moderate turbulence instead of the wild ride in earlier versions.There are too many improvements to mention. After 3 days I'm still finding new features. There are a few glitches (ATI flickering, multi-monitor support etc), but overall I'm very satisfied.ed

Guest CargoMun

Loads of "bugs" or gripes at least ironed away in FS9. My all time "favorite" bug is still in though. When in spot view opening ATC box or closing it, will disable zooming in and out anywhere unless doing a cycle view backwards (shift-s). Really silly bug nobody seemed to mind I guess :)