Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

downloaded 747_8

Hi wonder if anyone had this problem downloaded the 747-8 with no trouble opened up fsx and selected right aicraft etc for flight entered the sim noticed that fscrew2 shortcut was missing and had error with rex2 saying insure that rex2 has in/out bound accees to your firewall whcih i hadnt any trouble with it b4 and since i dont use a firewall either which makes it more strange. so when i l clicked the ok to rex2 it loaded the weather than noticed on the ouside view of aircraft it was missing textures of the outside wall of the plane which u cud see the seats and thru the plane to the other side after a few seconds it came good and textures came back and continued my flight after an 2 hour flight landed and than noticed after landing the texture were missing again and didnt appear back as b4. During the flight when looking outside view noticed the texture were missing for a sec or so as b4 takeoff So i exited the sim and loaded the normal pmdg 747-400x to seee if my fscrew2 was still working with the normal 747 whcih i ffound out nope it dissappeared as well so i uninstalled the 747-8 and found that everything is back to normal again as proir to installing the 747_8 so any help b4 i try to install again

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi wonder if anyone had this problem downloaded the 747-8 with no trouble opened up fsx and selected right aicraft etc for flight entered the sim noticed that fscrew2 shortcut was missing and had error with rex2 saying insure that rex2 has in/out bound accees to your firewall whcih i hadnt any trouble with it b4 and since i dont use a firewall either which makes it more strange. so when i l clicked the ok to rex2 it loaded the weather than noticed on the ouside view of aircraft it was missing textures of the outside wall of the plane which u cud see the seats and thru the plane to the other side after a few seconds it came good and textures came back and continued my flight after an 2 hour flight landed and than noticed after landing the texture were missing again and didnt appear back as b4. During the flight when looking outside view noticed the texture were missing for a sec or so as b4 takeoff So i exited the sim and loaded the normal pmdg 747-400x to seee if my fscrew2 was still working with the normal 747 whcih i ffound out nope it dissappeared as well so i uninstalled the 747-8 and found that everything is back to normal again as proir to installing the 747_8 so any help b4 i try to install again
ah looks like my problem got everyone stumped lol since usually there some reply on how to fix the problem

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

What has people stumped is a 400 word sentence with no capitalization or punctuation.Take a little time to phrase your question in a way that doesn't require decoding and someone might give this a shot.Thanks

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Well in short after the download, i have lost the use of fscrew, and rex2 comes up with "please make sure rexwengine2 exe has in/out bound access via your firewall" which i dont use. At beginning of flight noticed the texures of plane of the outer skin were missing, which appeared several second later. After landing same thing, textures were missing but this time they didnt appear back as b4 take off, flight was around 2 hours long. Did an uninstall of the addon, found everything back to normal fscrew2 was back and no error with rex2.

Peter kelberg

Glad to hear everything is working ok now. In regard to texture loading, this is normal on many systems. Using Rex2 and the PMDG 747-8i, there are some large bitmaps that need to load, and sometimes this takes a few moments. In the future, if you are seeing textures not loading at all (as you described on landing), you probably have your settings set too high for your system. You can either try lowering your FSX scenery sliders, or lowering the bitmap sizes in Rex2 using the Rex2 config tool, or a combination of both. As for your rexengine2 and your firewall, I would suggest contacting Rex2's customer support.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Glad to hear everything is working ok now. In regard to texture loading, this is normal on many systems. Using Rex2 and the PMDG 747-8i, there are some large bitmaps that need to load, and sometimes this takes a few moments. In the future, if you are seeing textures not loading at all (as you described on landing), you probably have your settings set too high for your system. You can either try lowering your FSX scenery sliders, or lowering the bitmap sizes in Rex2 using the Rex2 config tool, or a combination of both. As for your rexengine2 and your firewall, I would suggest contacting Rex2's customer support.
Thx for your reply, i will attempt to do another install with lower settings. I have just upgraded my drivers for my card to see if that will fix some texture problems, Thx for the info for rex2, will adjust the settings there too.

Peter kelberg