Sign in to follow this  
Naji

COMPARISONS

Gday allIwas thinking of getting the fs genesis terrain mesh,how does it compare with the new textures in 2004?Also how does the new weather download compare with fsmeteo or active sky.Thanks for all replies Don

Hi Don,I think you are confusing mesh and textures. Mesh is the information that creates elevation in the terrain. The more detailed the mesh, the more detail in hills, valleys, mountains and so on. Textures are the colors that are painted onto the terrain. Finally, though you didn't ask ;), there is landclass. Landclass is the info that tells FS what texture and autogen to place where. Justin at FSGenesis offers products for mesh and landclass. He has a freeware version of landclass to try out. I highly recommend it. It adds a lot of detail as far as where towns and cities are. There are freeware packages of mesh out there as well. You might try them to see if you like them. I have the FSGenesis payware mesh and landclass and love them. The textures included with FS2004 should work great with these. I don't have FS2004, but Justin has already said they work.I have and love Activesky, but as I do not have FS2004 yet, I'll defer and answer on that.Tony

Guest cwra6

FS Genesis mesh and Landclass work fine in FS2004. Really makes the visuals something else with the new textures. Colin

Guest AJ

Eddie Denny's Real Scene mesh for US also works fine. However, i do have a problem in New York city in that some of the bridges are messed up. The GWB is half submerged now. DOes anyone know if there is a way to go in and fix individual buildings/bridges affected by add-on mesh?

>Also how does the new weather download compare with fsmeteo or>active sky.>Thanks for all replies DonI love the weather set up by COF real-time download; however, the change in weather upon passing a new weather station can sometimes be abrupt.