Sign in to follow this  
Cuddly1956

747-8i AES

One small niggle - I wish the 800 was in it's own folder groups as I have to change the aes config before flying this wee beastie now. Of course I can swap it each time but it is a niggle.Looks fab though and improved smoothness as well.John Ellison

Hi,yes i recognized the same. The 800 uses the PMDG Aircraftfolder where the intellisense.cfg (the AES-CFG File) is. So you have to reconfigure the AES File... (And yes, i used the configuration tool from PMDG to activate the 747-800)Andy

Hi,yes i recognized the same. The 800 uses the PMDG Aircraftfolder where the intellisense.cfg (the AES-CFG File) is. So you have to reconfigure the AES File... (And yes, i used the configuration tool from PMDG to activate the 747-800)Andy
Yep, me too asd as here - same folder so uses the same intelliscene.cfg. Just a minor niggle but one more thing to swap before flying using AES.John Ellison

I know this would require a lot of work. But...Could you put the 747-8 into it's own folder? I figure it would have some effect on the ability to use the PMDG 747-8 & 400 Config Manager. It could be worth considering. I think it all comes down what the config manager actually changes. If it changes "only" the eyepoint view in the aircraft.cfg and nothing else, then that's easy to work around.It's just a thought. I'd bet that PMDG would tell you to do it at your own risk because of the changes YOU make. But that's fair enough. If it doesn't work you would just have to reinstall the 744 and 748.Mark

It would be way more work than it's worth to do that Mark, it has to be in the 400's folder or else the panel state saving and other features don't work. Has to do with the way the 400X was coded originally, if we start mucking around with the panel/systems code, it's just opening a huge can of worms. Sorry.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

It would be way more work than it's worth to do that Mark, it has to be in the 400's folder or else the panel state saving and other features don't work. Has to do with the way the 400X was coded originally, if we start mucking around with the panel/systems code, it's just opening a huge can of worms. Sorry.
I never thought of that sort of stuff. There is obviously a lot more involved than I had thought there would be. :( Mark

Hi,how is it to update the Config-Manager: so we make two Folder in the Simobject\Airplanes\PMDG747400\ " SaveState \ 400 " and 800... so everytime i switched back to the 400 the config manager will copy all files from SaveState 400 to the pmdg747400Folder. So we can put the intellisence.cfg in that folder and the intellisense.cfg for the 800 in the saveState\800 Folder.Andy

Andy, it has to do with where the aircraft itself is, there's dependencies in the code on the aircraft being in the 400 folder - it's not as simple as what you're proposing.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan,yes i know what you mean but i don't mean to split up the 400 and the 800 in different directories. What i was suggesting is to save the AES config file in a directory and if i select in the PMDG Config tool for example the 747-400 the Configtool will restore the AES intellisence.cfg file for the 400 and if i switch back to the 800 the configtool will restore the AES intellisence.cfg for the 800. At the moment i have both files in a temp-folder on my harddrive and i restore the CFG-Files manually.Andy