Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

No glass reflections in FS2004???

That's lame. :(And yes, I have all the aircraft settings maxed.Darn, I really liked those!! IMO it gave the glass depth and realism.I wonder why MS got rid of it??:(

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Before you assume they are gone, perhaps we should wait and see what ATI's new drivers will do. Apperently they are suppossed to fix some other issues, and perhaps they will address you glass issue.Tony

>Before you assume they are gone, perhaps we should wait and>see what ATI's new drivers will do. Apperently they are>suppossed to fix some other issues, and perhaps they will>address you glass issue.>TonyThe glass reflections are gone with Nvidia cards as well. Sometimes there is a "hint" of dynamic shine but other then that those beautiful reflections that were present on aircraft, like the ESDG Beechjet for instance, are gone.:( :(

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>Hi,> Did you have the render to texture and the T&l enabled ?>>>>>>Ps:With gforce 3 and 4, they works no problems, there is>problem the ATI card drivers, water reflection not working,>flickering etc , get the latest driver, if still not working,>you may wait little to download their newer ATI driver when>they will be available.>>>>Thanks>Chris Willis>>[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons>For MsFs>I'll go check Chris. The screenshots of FS2004 (posted by MS) are lacking the glass relfections as well.I hope it is just my card...

Ark

Ok I just checked. Yes, T&L and render to texture are enabled.:(I noticed that under "Global Aircraft Quality" I can only set it to "High" and not "Ultra High" (the highest setting).

Ark

Hi, Sorry you are talking about the glass reflection but not the reflection on the side and bottom of the aircraft right? You will probably have edit the alplha channel I think.Try a quick test grab one aircraft from fs2002 that's have the glass reflection and see it in fs2004.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

I did. I just copied over the POSKY 747-400D and the glass reflections are gone.Yes, I am speaking of the reflections on the glass (aka, cockpit glass).

Ark

I just checked out the C172T texture file from FS2002 and compared it to the exact same file from FS2004 and thye are identical which menas it is either a game issue or a video card issue......both of the alpha channels are the EXACT same.Hmmmm...

Ark

Well I just upgraded to the 3.6 Cats from the 3.5 Cats and still no difference.I tried messing with the Alpha Channels, settings, video card settings, game settings and nothing....Any assistance would be appreciated.:)

Ark

>That's lame. :(>>And yes, I have all the aircraft settings maxed.>>Darn, I really liked those!! IMO it gave the glass depth and>realism.>>I wonder why MS got rid of it??They didn't....Look at this thread, & picture comparisons. Seems to have to do with video cards/settings. (edit to get thread back in :))http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/cgi/dcforu...ForumID21&omm=0Even the old Baron still has chrome & glass reflections--- on mineAthlon 1900XP/Geforce3Ti500http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/26127.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/26128.jpg

Your pictures prove that you too no longer have them.Take the same to aircraft and take pics of them if FS2002 and see the difference. Those FS2004 ahots are kind of jacked up,m especially the B-25...it looks terrible now. Look at the glass in the nose on the B-25....no reflections...it's right there in your screenshot. What is visible on the Baron is so minute it is hardly even noticable (my Baron looks the same) I want it to look like it does in FS2002. Hopefully MS will fix this in a patch, it seems everybody has the same thing, only some of us have actually noticed it and said something.

Ark

Assuming it has changed, is it that big of deal? There is so much that has changed for the best. Assuming it is FS2004 and not drivers that is the issue, and be it intential or unintential on the part of the developer, I think we can live with it.Tony

>Assuming it has changed, is it that big of deal? There is so>much that has changed for the best. Assuming it is FS2004 and>not drivers that is the issue, and be it intential or>unintential on the part of the developer, I think we can live>with it.>TonyThe "we can live with it attitude" is exactly why some developers don't go the extra mile and sometimes leave out the timy things here and there.Where this may not matter at all to you, too many it does.:)

Ark