Sign in to follow this  
kjackson

Warning!!! Carenado C210 and FS2004

Before you go full speed ahead and install pre-FS2004 add-ons in COF be careful. Here's what happened to me when I tried to install Carenado's C210 in FS2004. After completely re-installing Windows XP Pro (a simple process using Microsoft's RIS tool)I then installed a pristine copy of FS2004. I spent the first hour setting up the flight sim as I usually do. After a few familiarization flights I installed my first add-on aircraft. I chose Carenado's Cessna 210 Centurion II. I fell in love with this plane when it was first released. Anyway, it performed just as it did in FS2002. I then installed the patch. Still no problem. Great plane. The next thing I did was to make this plane my default start-up plane. After that FS2004 refused to start. Each time it kicked me back to the desktop. I re-booted to be sure that it wasn't something to do with registry or memory issues. Still the same dump to the desktop. Luckily Microsoft has provided a Reset Defaults program located under the Troubleshooting menu. I lost all of the configuration settings but at least I did not have to re-install FS2004. This is strictly my own fault since Carenado has stated that they will provide an update for FS2004 if one is needed. Just thought I'd let others know about this. Can anyone help me verify this?Regards,

Guest SoarPics

Yep, Ken, I just checked here. I didn't get a CTD... rather got the message that FS couldn't find the airplane for my default flight and would start with the sim's default flight. Which it did without problem.Also, I notice that I can't close my cowl flaps. Tried the in-cockpit handle, and the game's key press command. No joy!Now I gotta be careful not to shock cool during decent. :-) I'm sure Carenado will get these things squared away in short order.

Hi Ken,I got the same problem as you, without defining the Carenado Centurion as my default plane: I installed the plane and the patch, flew the plane and simply quit FS2k4. The next time I wanted to launch Fs2k4, it bounced me back to the desktop.JJ StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgiumhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Thanks Greg and JJ. Looks like we'll have to do more troubleshooting to figure this one out. I'll send an email to the Carenado team. It might be helpful for them. Then again I'm sure they are working on making this beauty work in FS2004. Some of us just can't wait. :-)Thanks again,

Hey GeofA, does your Debonair (sp) work in FS2004 without changes? I would like to install it next. She's a beaut.

According to Lou Betti and Dreamfleet they recommend you always start flight simulator with the default a/c (C172) and the default location (Seattle or Meigs in 2002) due to the fact that default situation loads important information into your system. After that you can switch to another plane at another position etc. Save that new position and plane as a different flight so you can then jump to it without having to select all again.This works for I have no problem loading if I follow those simple instructions. Its fixed a lot of issues for me.Sean

Guest Holliday

And to add to what Lou suggested, always save to the 2D cockpit. Don't save the flight while in the VC or an outside view. I know for a fact that Eaglesoft planes will crash FS2002 if you try switching from one to the other while in the VC or outside view.

GeofA are you planning on upgrading the Debonair to fs9? If not, would you send me your updated config files or instructions on what to change?Thanks,

Guest Richard_H

Is it just me, or did I assume that Carenado's statement that we would get a free upgrade in case it is required for COF, meant stuff like a clickable VC?Well if that was your assumption. Look no further. The clickable VC was already there and it's working a treat :( IMVHO, that 210 VC still beats any of the stock planes in COF (though they should get the radio buttons working...)Enjoy

I have Windows XP Pro with the 210 as default in FS2004.It operates flawlessly on my system. All clickable systems operate in VC mode. I am quite pleased with the 210 and FS2004.

I had the same problem. I noticed in the UI that the name of the C210 was really long and spilled over into the airport selection area.What I did was open the aircraft.cfg and change the ui_manufacturer line to read ui_manufacturer=Cessna. That solved the problem.I have a saved flight using the C210 as the default, and now it works fine.Hope this works for someone else as well.Mike Baker