Sign in to follow this  
VS0

Traffic X/WOFAI

Any help on this topic is highly appreciated as I have been working at this one for a while.In the manual for Traffic X it explains fsx can only us one traffic .bgl file at a time. For this reason I cannot seem to get American Airlines and Eagle WOFAI packages working alongside Traffic X. Any help here?Also one little point with traffic slider set to 100% at KSFO in the middle of summer there is only about 10 aircraft at the gates. Is this right?Please help me out I'm losing my mind.ThanksRichy

FSX can have multiple traffic files, but they must be FSX bgl's and not a single FS9 one. If there is a single FS9 traffic bgl that will be the only one showing. You can have WOAI traffic in FSX if you convert them to FSX format. I use a freeware program called bglfdfsxconvert to do the job that you can download from RIGHT HERE.I have Traffic X and many other traffic files that perhaps populate the skies and airports too much, or so I have been told when people see my screeshots. Traffic X has a free utility called TrafficX_BGLcheck that you can download and install which will search for and find hidden fs9 BGLs that might be stopping the FSX ai traffic from running.I hope that helps.Stephen

FSX can have multiple traffic files, but they must be FSX bgl's and not a single FS9 one. If there is a single FS9 traffic bgl that will be the only one showing. You can have WOAI traffic in FSX if you convert them to FSX format. I use a freeware program called bglfdfsxconvert to do the job that you can download from RIGHT HERE.I have Traffic X and many other traffic files that perhaps populate the skies and airports too much, or so I have been told when people see my screeshots. Traffic X has a free utility called TrafficX_BGLcheck that you can download and install which will search for and find hidden fs9 BGLs that might be stopping the FSX ai traffic from running.I hope that helps.Stephen
Stephen than you very much for your informative reply.I will play around wth the bgl's a little more and I have now downloaded both those programs you mentioned so I will hopefully now find my fix.I will post back here with my results.Thank youRichy

Ok before I converted the old fs9 bgl's I recompiled the TrafficX bgl and oddly my traffic amount has increased at KSFO. I found this strange considering I took these same steps yesterday and still my traffic quantity was only 10 aircraft at the gates.I now have TrafficX working with my WOFAI files so thank you very very much for the help.I just cannot figure out why my traffic amount has increased using the TrafficX bgl when the file size is the same and the traffic sliders are the same and there were no other bgl's in the scenery/world/scenery folder.Thank youRichy

Ok before I converted the old fs9 bgl's I recompiled the TrafficX bgl and oddly my traffic amount has increased at KSFO. I found this strange considering I took these same steps yesterday and still my traffic quantity was only 10 aircraft at the gates.I now have TrafficX working with my WOFAI files so thank you very very much for the help.I just cannot figure out why my traffic amount has increased using the TrafficX bgl when the file size is the same and the traffic sliders are the same and there were no other bgl's in the scenery/world/scenery folder.Thank youRichy
Did you use a different time, date or season? The time of day can make a significant difference.

By the way Richy. The WOAI aircraft are fs9 models so they are a harder on frame rates, theoretically at least, even though they look the best in my opinion. If you are flying in Australia make certain you load the free FTX ai addon too. I'm glad it is working better for you.Stephen

Sorry for the late reply.Thanks for all your help its much appreciated.Richy

or...... you can get Ultimate Traffic, and there are a ton at the gates as wellksfo_UT2.jpg

Jim Wenham

Stephen,Can you help me get American Airlines planes and logo to work with Traffic X.What files do I need? What's the best course of action?I want to see AA planes with the right logo etc.Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.