Sign in to follow this  
mikejr

Lee Hetherington's excellent TCAS installation

Hey guys, I have been trying to find help with this over at a quieter forum here.Please, if you can, endeavour to help me. :( Hope I can get some replies!Cheers.

Mike 

No one got any ideas? :( Should I try getting it to work in the default Cessna 172 before putting it in the slightly more complex L-1011 panel? Just so's you get the gist of what I said in the above linked post: "It would probably help if the manual was more smooth, but this is just a brief post to ask how exactly the brilliant TCAS gauge by Lee Hetherington should work. I have installed it into Aerosim's excellent L-1011 and I believe my installation is correct, with modules etc in the right places and such, but when I test the gauge, it performs the 'test okay' function, and then the 'test okay' screen remains on for the duration of the flight and does not disappear.Whenever I change altitude, speed, or rate of climb, it does not react. It will only react when I switch it to the 'TCAS off' mode - with the needle moving correctly according to rate of climb, but with no TCAS, this is annoying - I cannot change the modes at all apart from that."Any ideas?

Mike 

If the test phase went OK and you have heard the voice saying "TCAS system test OK" then you have installed everything correctly.After this system test phase, switch the test off by right clicking on the yellow word "TEST". Then you should right click on that same position (possibly more than once) and the gauge should begin working when it shows blue data figures in the corners of the gauge.There are invisable click spots in all four corners of the gauge and the functionalities can be chosen by left/right clicking on those blue figures.In some panels there is a separate TCAS control panel but using this does the same as left/right clicking on any of the above mentioned blue figures.Hope this gets you going.Hans

No one got any ideas? :( Should I try getting it to work in the default Cessna 172 before putting it in the slightly more complex L-1011 panel? Just so's you get the gist of what I said in the above linked post: "It would probably help if the manual was more smooth, but this is just a brief post to ask how exactly the brilliant TCAS gauge by Lee Hetherington should work. I have installed it into Aerosim's excellent L-1011 and I believe my installation is correct, with modules etc in the right places and such, but when I test the gauge, it performs the 'test okay' function, and then the 'test okay' screen remains on for the duration of the flight and does not disappear.Whenever I change altitude, speed, or rate of climb, it does not react. It will only react when I switch it to the 'TCAS off' mode - with the needle moving correctly according to rate of climb, but with no TCAS, this is annoying - I cannot change the modes at all apart from that."Any ideas?
Have you been left clicking with mouse?(if so it could explain why you only get the tcas test mode)To select the various options you have to right click to move up and left click to to return.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

OK, thanks for the replies, both of you.I will give that a try very soon and post back on the results. Can't believe it might be that simple - thought I did do everything - the problem is probably just me! :( Cheers.

Mike 

Okay, thanks guys.I figured the problem was me. :( I was too impatient when clicking the left mouse button and waiting for the TCAS mode to display, as there is a slight delay. Never mind!Thanks very much for clearing that up! :(

Mike 

Call be pedantic, but I have another silly question!I cannot seem to get the blue plane symbol on the TCAS screen to display as white instead. I have the gauge installed once in the VC too... and that one is also defined as white, but shows as blue... any ideas?This gauge is excellent, by the way.(yes, I am a perfectionist) :(

Mike 

Could someone give me the link for this gauge? jerrycwo4
just do the search for the document,you'll find a link when you find the document mentioned above on the other site.