Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Saving flights and using them as defaults in FS2k4...

I'm finding I can't save a flight and use it as my default flight in FS2k4. I get a message the next time the sim is started stating "The aircraft cannot be found"... Any suggestions???

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest SoarPics

Yeah, Ken Jackson posted a while ago about the Carenado C210 crashing his system when it was set to the default flight. I tried it, and got the same message you did. I then tried with another payware airplane that is supposed to be 2004 compatible, and again got the error message. Then I decided to take the R-22 on a default flight around Hoover Dam. Got 5 minutes into the flight, and the sim locked up. No error message, just a hard lock-up. Had to do a soft reboot of XP. Then did the default Hoover Dam circuit without problems.Let the add-on patching continue...

I wonder why FS2004 can't find it's own default aircraft, this make no sence to me....I really hope Microsoft doesn't get arrogant again and claim this thing doesn't or will not get patched. I'm finding more issues like this than I ever did with FS2002. MS needs to open the code a little more because most of my FS2002 panels will not work at all with this new sim, this is inexcusable. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for word of a patch.

FS2020 

Guest SoarPics

I'm not so sure this "FS2K2 third party aircraft in a default flight" matter is a MS issue. Clearly there is a problem here, but I believe it will be up to the third party folks to develop solutions. Seems that many of the problems we're seeing are gauge related. We'll see how it all unfolds. In the meantime, I'm following Lou Betti's advice on how to start the sim properly (default flight and airplane, then change aircraft and airport).

Guest SoarPics

"I wonder why FS2004 can't find it's own default aircraft, this make no sence to me...."The problem isn't the sim seeing it's own default aircraft... rather, the problem is the sim seeing third party aircraft that have been set-up in a flight that is then made to be the defualt flight.

If you read my post above this happens with the default planes as well, FS2k4 says it can't find it's own default aircraft if you use them in a custom situation...

FS2020