Sign in to follow this  
Forkboy2

AFCAD for Shezi's KCLE?

Hi there,you could try the one in the attachment. Be aware, though, that this is my first attempt at an Afcad file, so there may be some 'bugs' Aircraft seem to take off and land OK, though. For some reason, I couldn't get parallel runways to work for take-off and landing, so the aircraft are now using RW10/28 for take-off and 6R/24L for landing.To install, just copy the contents of the attachment into notepad, save as 'KCLE.txt', then install like any other Afcad file.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Additionally, a RAFCAD has been uploaded to the PAI unofficial files section. Aircraft park according to real life gates, 6R/24L is used for departures and 6L/24R is used for arrivals in that file. Aircraft will also properly use the "brown route" to taxi to 24L when departing.To get the runways working properly in your AFCAD, gosta, make sure you close 6L/24R for departures, close 6R/24L for arrivals, and close 10/28 for all operations. 10/28 is normally only used for arrivals in real life.

Hi Kevin,thanks for the tip. I tried that before, and the problem was that although the planes were told to taxi to RW6L, they went to 6R instead and just stood there... When I closed 6L completely, everything was fine. Using 6L for arrivals and 6R for departures was also no problem, but I wanted to keep an ILS equipped runway for arrivals... But you gave me another idea :). If 10/28 is used for arrivals, maybe I can get it to use 6R and 24R for departures and 10/24L for arrivals :).Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Thanks, Gosta. I'll give it a go.Kevin: I haven't used RAFCAD's in the past. Will they function as an AFCAD if not provided with radius info? I don't fancy going through all my AI aircraft to modify them if I don't need to. Also, I checked PAI's libraries and can't find your RAFCAD file. Perhaps you could send it to me.Thanks to both,Glenn

Gosta, you must have some sort of missing holdshort nodes/missing link/misnamed runway/or missing navaid in the AFCAD. There's really no reason why you can't get the parallel runways to work. And unless 24L and 10/28 are the same length, they will not work together as arrival runways either. The longer one will always dominate no matter where the wind is from.

RAFCADs will function as AFCADs. The planes will just continue to park randomly. The file library at PAI hasn't been updated in well over a week. No telling when it might be either to be honest.