Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

Design tools in 2k4?

Guest odog

Hey all, I was hoping someone could check and see if there are any new tools that ship with 2k4. New gmax or MakeMDL or something.. anything? thanks much!joe

Guest odog

Thanks John, wishful thinking.. wanna start a pool on what year the SDKs will be available? :-lol I just hope they do a better job of getting them out for this version, time wise. Im not expecting too much new, but cant wait to get my grubby hands on what they do make available.joe

Guest Matt Johnson

None of the above. Wait For The SDK {tm}.--M

Guest cwright

Joe,Most of the FS2002 SDK's appeared between March and June 2002, on average about six months after release. The scenery SDK didn't appear until August, ten months after release, which was more than halfway through its lifetime. I certainly hope they will do better this time, particularly as there won't be a FS2004 version of AFCAD until the SDK comes out. The record with CFS3 isn't very encouraging. For a long time Microsoft said the scenery SDK would be out in Spring 2003 (it still said that long after Spring had come and gone!) In fact the beta SDK only came out last week, nine months after release. I really hope they can do better in future. One positive note. A member of the CFS3 team has regularly been posting on several forums, giving news on developments, including news about the patch, and also entering into some discussions, although on a limited scale. All the discussions between him and the forum members remained extremely civilised, which I found very encouraging. It would be great if one of the FS2004 team members could participate on this forum.... Best regards, Chris