Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

Athlon Users, Revolt -Humor....

Mr. Tom Allensworth has chosen to discriminate against the users of AMD Athlon Based Computers.Now, I don't know if he is afraid of Computer Profiling lawsuits, but did you read Question number 8 in the Demographic survey.It is bad enough that people are choosing Thin Crust in Question number 19, but the choices for number 8 read:(8) Which best describes your computer?Pentium 1 Pentium 2 Pentium 3 Pentium 4 Macintosh (any) OtherThat's right, he has relegated all of us AMD Athlon users into the category "Other"... It's a travesty I say. So what can we do about it. Simple.Eat nothing but Deep dish pizza while taking the survey.Now - Get out there and Vote, Vote, Vote...Quit reading my post...Are you still here...Why...?Regards,Joe :-waveProud AMD Athlon Computer User. :-)Edit:This post has been edited because my College edumication ditdnt teachum me hoow to spellt the word survey.End Edit:http://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Yeah, you caught that too. Us poor AMD users don't get no respect. Not too sure about that Allensworth guy. ;-)

I noticed that as well Joe, it's a travisty :-)Perhaps the AVSIM servers are only powered by Pentiums with an exclusive deal with Intel :-)Or perhaps Tom hasn't realised AMD have 'come of age'; nah, I can't believe that ;-)

In reality, I think this travisty derives from a repressed childhood memory acting out from his subconscious...When Tom Allensworth was a child, all the bully little children (unlike the sweet-as-an-angle he was) used to call him names. One of those just happened to be:Athlonsworth! Athlonsworth!Hence our current dilemma. My advice? Tom, get some counseling man!:-) http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/elrondlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

I was doing the survey, with my Athlon 1800+, and after hitting "Other" and clicking the go ahead to next screen, I was dumped! Coincidence, I think not, I've been snubbed*, I've been hornswaggled*, We'll I never*!:-lol* - Foghorn LegHorn (Now listen hear, Son!*)

Guest SD Sim

I hear sizzling, I think my XP just shed a tear (-:

Guest SoarPics

Well, Tom... you've gone and done it now.First, you didn't make a place for our retired friends in the survey. Now there's this AMD matter. Serious, serious stuff. As a died-in-the-wool, true blue AMD sort of guy I'm afraid I simply cannot forgive this latest travesty.So... no Christmas card from me this year. :-lol :-lol Now for the truely hurtful punishment: I second Elrond's idea about the "Athlonsworth" name change. All those in favor say "Aye".

Guest Matt Johnson

Aye! :-lolOh, I use a trusty Athlon myself. (For the purposes of the survey, since it's a 700MHz, I called it a P3 though ;-))--M

Oh no, Matt.... Say it isn't so... :-lol"Oh, I use a trusty Athlon myself. For the purposes of the survey, since it's a 700MHz, I called it a P3 though" You see.....The assimilation has begun. First they start with the staff members.Matt, seek help immediately.. don't crack under the pressure. You have the ability, go back and hack into that survey and change your vote to other. :-lolVoting a Pentium 3 is exactly what their plan was... It's working....Resist the urge...Resist the urge....Arrrggghhhhhh.........Have a nice Monday all.. ANd uh, thanks for the comments. :-)Regards,Joe :-waveResist the urge to convert.http://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Lol!I've only gone and done it too!....I've got an Athlon 750 and clicked the Pentuim 3 button thinking that was the nearest equivilent, heheShould of clicked "other" to make a stand for us under appreciated AMD folks:)CheersDave

Welcome to the real world, children!AMD is and always will be the lower class underdog in this here CPU eat CPU world.I suggest you therefore class your machine not as a P3 or P4 (which would be an indication of great hubris) but as that other non-worthy CPU, the Apple Mac (which was clearly intended by the person drawing up the list of options, though he made a typo in making it (any) instead of (ish), as Macintoshish is clearly what was intended here.Major Tom has my support in his decision here to class all followers of the AMD as just another sect of those who follow the false prophet of the Apple!

Double Whammy: RETIRED & ATHLON IMPAIRED.My lawyer should get me at least several hundred "large" for pain & suffering. ;(8Dan PurselPS: if I could write sentences with a subject & predicate, I wouldn't need "edit".

You are looking at this completely backwards, the list is in order of quality and power, from the slowest to the best! :-lol(8) Which best describes your computer?Pentium 1 Pentium 2 Pentium 3 Pentium 4 Macintosh (any) OtherProud to be an "Other" ;-)Ray